New Build

Post your stuff for sale or trade, or if you are looking to buy something. RLGaming takes no responsibility for any transactions made - use your best judgement when dealing with people.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

New Build

Post by Falker »

I ordered me one of these the other day. Too bad my credit cad was declined : (

So this may be Buff’s new Build.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-2-66GHz-Hyp ... 889&sr=1-1

Any thought about this processor?

I also see that this board not only looks tight with 6 rams slots , but it was made for the Core i7. Did I mention it also has 2 PCI-E slots for that cross fire gaming experience.

http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-EX58- ... 117&sr=1-7

I’ll bet Buff will have one of these before the years end.. I got dibs on the old system! =P
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

That's my CPU. I built computers for me and my wife using those....

Per Computer:
1x Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core
2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Memory
1x MSI X58 Pro LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
1x Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
1x LG Black Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD-R DVD Burner SATA Model GGC-H20L
1x BFG Tech GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported
1x Nippon Labs ICR-BB All-in-one USB +eSATA Card Reader
1x Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800 MCE Kit 1128 PCI-Express x1 Interface
1x CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready (...) i7 Power Supply
1x Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer CaseHanns
1x Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders

The casese are way big and overkill. The Antec 900 would have been totally sufficient but live and learn... the computers are total awesomeness otherwise.

Falker

Post by Falker »

Wow that’s a large case. Perhaps your system runs a bit cooler with a larger case? I always thought having a larger case would give your components more room to breathe. I have a mid tower and it doesn’t take long for it to get warmed up. That looks like a big fan up top eh? I noticed the newer cases are coming with several more fan slots. I drilled holes in the bottom of my case and installed an 80mm fan right under my GPU card. Lol , I just needed to elevate my computer a few inches off the ground so it can suck up some cold air. :) well lets see… I think I have 9 case fans. All 80mm. I got room for a 120mm case fan on the side but I’d need to customize it. Meh , I think I’ll just go buy a newer case.

That a sweet set up you have there. My nephew is an E5 and he makes good money. What’s funny is that his CO is an E6 and has been in the navy for 19 years. Says he’s going to retire next year. He’s 39 and looks like Tom Cruise. I said, “ you know you look like tom cruise?” They all started laughing , he said “ yeah I’ve heard that before and Tom Cruise is an Asshole. “ Grins~
Last edited by Falker on 30 May 2009, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Hudson, nice rig you got there. I see you are running Vista 64 bit, I would definately throw some more RAM in there. The 64bit OS can utilize it. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you had 2x of 4GB (2x2GB). Nice!
Last edited by Softball on 30 May 2009, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Falker

Post by Falker »

Yeah , and when you guys working on that Navy Brat. My nephew is only 22 years old and " He " has one. His son was born August of 2008 and is usually in a good mood. His wife is not in the Navy but she’s well educated with a Bachelor's degree and speaks fluent Spanish. She works in the restaurant business as one of the Managers getting paid salary.

P.I. is all they talked about when I was down there in San Diego for the day. After hearing all of their stories , I think I might as well save up some chump change and then go retire at P.I. It’s one of the few places left on this earth where the Philippine woman actually wants an American man more then the Mexican woman do. They said they could buy a bucket of ping pong balls for five bucks and then throw them across the pub/bar floor. Several woman would scrounge them up and bring them back…Even grope you when they brought them back. It sounds like it’s out of control over there. I think I would like to check it for myself , even blend in over there for a few years or more. Some Navy personal love that place and actually ” have” retired there , opening up their own drinking and gathering establishments.