AMD 2100 and motherboard...

Post your stuff for sale or trade, or if you are looking to buy something. RLGaming takes no responsibility for any transactions made - use your best judgement when dealing with people.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

AMD 2100 and motherboard...

Post by Hammer »

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards ... 9;t=000869

seperate components in case you do not want both...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Just how much you asking? I may be interested . . . . . :wink:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

AMD 2100+ CPU and ASUS MB

Post by Softball »

Link doesn't work right now, SIMHQ is doing maintenance on their site this weekend. Steel is not the one selling, it's PanzerMeyer at SIMHQ.

I may be able to get you 1st dibbs on that setup. PanzerMeyer is one of the guys who plays OFP with us on Friday nights. Let me know ASAP if you are interested. He is selling the MB + CPU for $145 ($70 MB + $75 CPU). I will contact him on ICQ and let him know if you are interested.

Here is the transcript of the message:

The Asus motherboard (A7V-266E) is in excellent condition with all documentation and CD's as well as the original box: $70.00

AMD XP 2100 CPU is also in excellent condition and includes fan and heatsink: $75.00

I also have a Microsoft Optical mouse in excellent condition with all documentation and CD included: $15

Email me at panzermeyer@attbi.com if interested.

Thanks!
PM

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K,
I was thinking of you when I posted the link. The sale is at the link, but SB has given you the scoop...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Will talk it up with her indoors - she is the one who knows if we got the cash to splash, and since I won't be getting the M-4 from Bri's mate, I may be able to cut some deal here. What is the score with Power supplies? Will I need to buy a different one or what? I am currently running a Gigabyte MB with a P3 500.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, not just the power supply but case as well... but you are probably o.k. as you most likely have an atx case and power supply. do you know how to tell at from atx?
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Am sure it's atx, but maybe you should give me the info, it will help to be sure. And you're sure I will be ok with the PSU I have now?

By the way, I can't get onto the link at the top, and am still waiting on an answer from the fairy godmother :roll: . Maybe you could let that guy know for me?

Softball

Email him

Post by Softball »

Kodiak,

Like we talked about last night, email him. His email is in the post above. He is holding the parts for you before he sells them to anyone else, so don't leave him hanging.

You will most likely need a new PS, I would say a minimum of 350W. I can get a 350W PS at a place here in San Diego for $25+tax(7.75%).

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, i will beg to differ that he will need a new power supply...

if you are not adding any components, like more hard drives, etc you are more than likely o.k. with yours unless it is a 200 Watt... best bet is to crack the case (unless it is on that back and visible) to see what wattage your current one is... the other thing about your poswer supply it that the fan on it MUST be working when going to these faster cpu's...(they would usually only last a short while without anyway, but good to check).

if you are going to get another power supply, Sparkle's are excellent.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, all taken care of! As long as the PSU is compatible voltage-wise, then there is no problem for me - the wattage is unimportant. I have some other stuff in-hand already, as this is an upgradde for me and then a rebuild with spare parts for my son to have a system too. :wink:

Softball

Power Supply

Post by Softball »

POWER SUPPLY
I was suggesting a new power supply mainly based on my experience. I had an AMD 1900+ XP (Which I sold to Grifter), and I tried running a 250W PS with it. I had 2 HDs (RAID 0), a GF3, DVD drive, and about 6 cooling fans in my case. The system would not boot up properly, and was very unstable. I went out and bought a 435W PS (Ennermax) and the problems went away. That lead me to believe that a 250W PS was not enough juice for what I had running. With an AMD 2100+ XP, I would think it would use more power, thus being a faster CPU. I'm not sure what Kodiak is going to be running in his case, but just make sure you have good airflow in your case, the 2100+ XP runs pretty hot. Try it with your current PS and see if it works.

Good luck.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

6 cooling fans? no wonder you need RW up on two PC's to hear us!!! :D

overclocking?

K,
if you are not adding components you will likely be fine... but if not, you can get a new PS and then use the current one for the scrap computer... if you do get a new one, you should prolly get at least a 350 Watt...

did you e-mail the guy?
Helmut
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

MMM interesting about the problems with the PC when not enough power available, sounds similiar to my problem with the dissapearing Hard Drive, a possible power Dip on start up and it dissapears and reapears on next start up, Since i only have a 140W PSU with my old TIME PIII and i have added more to it.

Oh well i am getting a new 550W PSU to power my new PC so it should not be a problem anymore!

Nemisis
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I HAVE e-mailed him finally - today, now that the bank manager has agreed my overdraught (LOL). ANyway, I'm not worried about that - it's the new two-piece visor/cage for my hockey helmet I just put aside in Sportchek she might find out about, that scares me! 8O
The score with the PSU is that I have an ATX case, 6GB HD, and a PSU for C$50 from a mate - the case and HD for the little guy (just to get him up & running), I'll take the PSU for my new setup because it is only 1 yr old so is probably a 300W PSU anyway, so we'll see how it pans out.
I'll use my DVD player CD/RW Rom combi and Gainward GeForce 4 4600Ti, other soundcard, 56K modem, and all my add-ons. Add that lot to the ASUS mobo, and XP2100, buy 512MB DDR, and that should be just about that I guess.

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

SB,
Have e-mailed panzermeyer, but received no answer til now - my guess is he has already sold it maybe, which would be a shame. Let me know if you hear anything.