GTX 260 for sale

Post your stuff for sale or trade, or if you are looking to buy something. RLGaming takes no responsibility for any transactions made - use your best judgement when dealing with people.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

GTX 260 for sale

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I don't know if anyone else here had an outdated video card besides Grifter but I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buying my GTX 260? I'm asking $75.00 for it. I have the original box and documentation as well.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Re: GTX 260 for sale

Post by Softball »

Is this still for sale? My wife's card may have taken a dump. How does this card compare to an 8800 GTS performance wise?

Also, what are the power reqs. for this card? She only has a 450W PSU with one Rail for video card power. I could possibly use an adapter to convert two Molex plugs into one, but that's only a work around. Thx.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:Is this still for sale? My wife's card may have taken a dump. How does this card compare to an 8800 GTS performance wise?

Also, what are the power reqs. for this card? She only has a 450W PSU with one Rail for video card power. I could possibly use an adapter to convert two Molex plugs into one, but that's only a work around. Thx.

Hey Softball, I would recommend at least a 500w power supply for the 260 and yes, I still have it! I guess we can talk more about it tonight on teamspeak. :-)

As far as performance goes, the 260 is significantly faster than the 8800. I was using a 9800 GTX when I upgraded to the 260 and even between those 2 cards I noticed much better frame rates in most of my games.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, as it turns out, I remembered I had an 8800GTX from my old computer. It has 2 PCI-e power plugs in it (The 8800 GTS had one) so I had to use a Molex to PCI-e power adapter. So right now she is using the 8800GTX. However, I am still interested in buying the card as she may want to play Star Wars TOR and that will most likely require a newer card (along with some other new parts, CPU, RAM, PSU).

I'll chat with you on TS tonight about it.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:I'll chat with you on TS tonight about it.
So just let me know when you're ready and I'll ship out the card to you! :-)