MW4:Mercs install

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

MW4:Mercs install

Post by Hammer »

This will be the install standard based upon the poll. Of course you can have other installs by just making copies of the main Mechwarrior Mercenaries folders and renaming them as needed. If you want to have a good base, install Mercs and pr1 and make a copy of that folder. You can then use that as a starting point for any additional installs you wish to create. Keep the folders named for the install inside of them, such as:

Mechwarrior 4: Mecenaries.PR1
Mechwarrior 4: Mecenaries.PR1.MP2
Mechwarrior 4: Mecenaries.PR1.MP3

Then just rename the install you want to play to Mechwarrior 4: Mecernaries.

***On to the install standard. The first section is if you are starting from scratch. The second section will be to upgrade from MP2.1a.***

-Install MW4: Mercs

-Optional: Install Microsoft IS and Clan Mech Packs (if you have them and don't mind C-Dilla)

-Install PR1 for MW4: Mercs
http://files.rlgaming.com/MW4/mercpr1.exe

-Install Mekpak 3.02a
http://files.rlgaming.com/MW4/mekpak302a-pr1-wnp.zip
Last edited by Hammer on 02 Aug 2006, 19:44, edited 7 times in total.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Fine by me. Downloading what I need and installing now. 8)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

so is it a case of not installing the clan and IS mechpacks?
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Mooseman wrote:so is it a case of not installing the clan and IS mechpacks?
Well, they'll give you 4 more IS and 4 more Clan mechs... and C-Dilla!

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

What is this C-Dilla?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

do not install the IS abd Clan mech packs and do NOT find out. you don't want to...

with the mechpak, i see no reason for those mechs...they might even be included in the mechpak anyway?

but yes Moose - no mech packs.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Cool, no probs on the 'do not install'. Was just curious because I keep hearing it being mentioned.

Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Tach Deneva wrote:

TD
Very true....my PC is going through the upgrade over the next few days (i.e. i'm taking out the HD's and putting them in a new machine) - but being the computer klutz that i am, i'm not going to try and rush it (yes, i am that bad with hardware!!). After that, i'll try and dig out my copy of mercs
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no, the mech pak mechs are not included in the mektek mech pack...at least not in 2.1. for me it is o.k. as they were new creations anyway, right?
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I don't know if any of the Mektek mechs are based off the MS Mech Pack mechs (Dragon, Hunchback, Highlander, and Zeus for the IS' Cauldron Born, Arctic Wolf, Masakari, and Kodiak for the Clans), but if so, you won't be able to play them unless you have the MS Mech Packs installed.

TD
Gator

Post by Gator »

Based on the post above, we do not need the "302" file or either of the "saddleup" files?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

:) - the 3.02 is there for when HD is released for 3.02. saddle up's are the videos i made.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K - seems that zonematch is quite unreliable for Mercs. Here are the NBT server ip's to add into Mercs. Do this once you create your connection and select zonematch as the connection method, then once in the server browser window click the add button.

this will at least allow us to see servers. i am not sure if they also require the nbt-hc package installed. will check that out and advise. i might also be able to set up a dedicated server that folks can control via remote desktop and use as needed, otherwise we can use our own machines as servers...
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-hc/

If the info there is up to date, then

209.210.40.201 is NBT Sunder, set for Mission Play (Heya Mr Crickett!) and running MP3.x
209.210.40.200 is NBT Summoner (Respawn) and Stormcrow (No Respawn), are both set for HC Beta.

The Rest are all HC.

TD
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

So, are there particular IPs we are likely use out of that lot? Or should we just punch them all in anyway.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it seems you can put them all in for current session, but mechy will store only 5. i had them all in, but only 5 of them were there after i restarted the game...

Tach,
can you confirm?
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

That sounds right.

TD

ps: Also note - if we play on the NBT servers we gotta run Puretech - that is, no Clan weapons on IS mechs/no IS weapons on Clan mechs - as per their server rules.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Fine, I'll just keep the list on my wipe board for now then. Is Puretech a 'code of honour' or is there a patch to control things?

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i like puretech actually...but in later time periods i am not sure it makes sense? or maybe it does?

puretech means that IS mechs can have only IS weapons, and Clan mechs can have only Clan weapons.

not too big a deal though as most units even in planetary leagues have access to mechs from both technology trees. and if we play only for fun we can set our own rules about what we select.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

So, in Puretech mode we are effectively fighting historically speaking. Wouldn't be a bad way to go, instead of slugging it out there would be a necessity to employ specific tactics to win.