logitech calibration problem.

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

logitech calibration problem.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

some of you might recall i was saying i was having a calibration problem with my logitech extreme 3d pro. it was in the rudder section in the handle. it would start out centered then wouldnt return to center. in case anyone else ever has this problem with a logitech stick, here is a little app logitech put out to fix it.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downl ... areid=5484

it cleared up the problem and the stick is now usable for mw4 once again ( and the crowd cheers ) so looks like i can be meching it too now :P

PS. i suck now WAAA!!! :(
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

good deal BH. i am very glad you found it...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I have a lot of confidence in Logitech gear - both of our set-ups have wireless mouse, keyboard units (mine also being bluetooth) by Logitech. The mouse units (MX700, 900Bluetooth)in particular are fantastic in games like GR etc., There is a laser model - the MX1000 which boasts phenomenal resolution capabilities, and I believe there is a newer model around now too. Worth a look for anyone who may have an avid interest in that sort of thing.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i know some ppl have had issues with logitech but myself, ive grown to like them. i got this joystick becuse i like the feel of it, the button layout is a bit to getting used to being ive used MS sticks for years. i have gotten other sticks. ive tried some off brands. and saitek. the saitek always seems sloppy to me. mainly the joystick itself. the buttons seemed good though.

ive always been a fan of track balls. starting with one i bought at radioshack. ive tried a few others but ended up being a huge fan of the marble mouse. the newone is better with built in back and foward buttons next to the main buttons.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... ENTID=5003

i may look into other models, but im one of those ppl who dont like to learn new tricks once i get used to something lol.

i got a logitech G15 keyboard.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... NTID=10717
the most expensive Kboard ive ever gotten to date ( usualy i went with cheaper ones). even though im disapointed about the game support for the LED display, its a awsome keyboard. it has a huge number of programable buttons on the left side. the display comes with some apps like a Ram and CPU usage monitor, Time display ( that is nice if you would like to see what time it is while staying up playing a game lol ) plus there are ppl out there who have made other apps, even a bandwidth monitor. it is a large kboard, so it takes up some room, but using a trackball i dont need the room for a mouse pad. so that saves some room.
it has 2 USB plugins in the back of the keybard for joystick etc. ( not powered though) and low and behold ( my faverate feature) a windows key lockout YAY ( the crowd cheers )

the last logitech product ive gotten and used for the last few years is a speaker setup. they are 5.1 souround, but they are discontinued so i cant find a link lol.

ive never realy gotten anything just becuse of brand. ive simply tried things out and kept with the things ive liked. and its just happenstance that ive gravitated towards logitech.

all in all though, i miss my MS precision pro stick :(
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

No, brand has never been the selling point for me. All my stuff was purchased on ergonomics and capabilities to be honest, and like you just stuck with them. There are always new bits and pieces on the market, and I like to check them out in the shop. If I find something I really like, I DO consider buying, it goes something like this:
Mmmm, that's nice! I like that . . . oh that's a quality piece of kit, I DO like that. Only £**? Can I have one of those please?
NO!
Ohh . . . okay. :(
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05