Mech 4 merceneries Come Back

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Mech 4 merceneries Come Back

Post by VEGETA »

I have my family coming down the weekend. I sent my brother on a hunt for my mech 4 mercs cd's with clan and is mech packs. they are also bringing my joystick as well so hey guys and girls its time to fire up the old girl, and take her for a test run.

I well be available to play Sunday afternoon / night

So hey standard for play should be the Mech 4 mercs, with latest MS patches.

then go get the MekPak 3.0.2b installed on your system. Location to find them is below.

http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php? ... &cat_id=27

O can someone tell Hondo to update his mechwarrior mers and such as he dose not view the forms much if at all. But hey think it would be fun to get some of our old Favorite mechs out like my FAMED Uzi config, of 6 er medium lasers and 2 lbx 10's that riped up assault mechs but good.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if you run nbt-hc, i am pretty sure you get the mech pack mechs for nothing...
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Myself and Hondo played for at least 3 hr's yesterday with the mektek mod only. but could not find any servers up for just that mod. the Harc core seams to be the only servers we could find so we just beat the AI up a lot trying different designs.

I need to look into the HC mod more but from what I understand its changing the game to be more like mechwarrior 2. but if you know where some mektek servers are SWEET

and Steel will you join us, I know Tach has also expressed interest. Cricket still plays it (when he gets on) and we can probabley get more guys in for a few rounds for shits and giggles. Not all zone mech or whatever its called is gone, so you need to connect direct ip or as Hondo and I did it, through gamespy which also works well.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok found this
http://www.randymgames.com/mechwarrior.html

So the zone is ded but mektek hase made a replacement basiclay. Here are the install instructions. Not sure how recent but I will be hooking this up Tonight.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - zone be dead...

HC attempts to make the game as canon as possible...i.e. like the rule books ala megamek (from what i understand). the advantage would be everyone is set up the same.

there are also some coop missions available to try out for 2-4 people...
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well um not sure I want cannon mechs as 1/2 the fun is making your own design. My favorate example, the Veg Special Uzi, 2 clan lbx 10 and 6 er medum lazers. tho the mktek made the ehat a bit of a bitch now lol, making this mech have heat issues if not carfuel.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

VEGETA wrote:carfuel
Say it ain't so! Dang that Dark Age stuff! Dang it all to HECK!

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Helmut