OK - let's do some planning

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

OK - let's do some planning

Post by Hammer »

IN researching a character name I understood a bit about the game and what we might do. I will play this as long as free does not cripple me too much.

So with that said, which house would we tend to want to join under? It seems we have to align with one, correct?

And what do we create for a unit. I will of course offer up the idea of Hammer's Regiment. :D

other thoughts?
Helmut
Hammer

Re: OK - let's do some planning

Post by Hammer »

it seems the choices are:
Davion
Kurita
Liao
Marik
Free Rasslehague Republic
Steiner
Lone Wolf
Merc Corps
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well for now I set myself as Stiner but do not think it matters to much yet as not gaming yet

but hey there are a group of former stiners there. Also we can go merc as well as I believe that functionality will also be there.
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

The Steiner group are nice guys. Most of them seem to have played in the MPBT leagues, 3025 and Solaris. That was a little after our TFS adventure days, but not that much more after.

I set myself to Lyran, definitely.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

why Lyran, definitely?

i am set at mercenary right now.

you guys know if anyone else from ELH is going to join us?

Buff?
Tach?
BH?

I know others are lurking.

maybe Softball and Gator will join?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I just said Stiner just because I was one back in the day. But As I said Merc's works just as great for me.
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

Steiner, definitely, for the same reason as Veg. I used to be one, back in the day, before I joined the Light Horse.
Nothing wrong with forming a merc unit, but you'd need more than you, me, and Veg. If you got the other old Light Horse guys interested, you could probably get a decent Merc Unit going.

But for me, since there ain't no ComStar to play, it'll be Steiner, or Steiner-affilitated Mercs. PDT_Armataz_01_34
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

ah, OK. i have non issue with that - if we can get enough poeple to do a merc unit we wll but until then Steiner?

your Steiner days are before me and ELH.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Oh - is there a minimum number of personnel for a merc unit? any idea how it is going to work yet? how does it work being affiliated to a House?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I honestlay have no idea. And have not heard about any limits on numbers for mercs or anything.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

guess we gotta wait until one of us gets in to play.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:guess we gotta wait until one of us gets in to play.
Well several (oshay and myself at least) who bought a founder pack meaning we get into beta in another little while.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

at least that is what they say. i might actually pony up for the $30 version. are the founder mechs just a selection of the 4?
Helmut
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

They're slightly different looking versions of the 4, that are more customizable (visually, not combat worthy), and that give bonus C-bills when you have them.

C-bills being money, not experience points. So really, while they don't improve your combat skills or abilities in any way, they will help you buy new shit faster. Which is good, but not game-breaking good.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

also note there si 3 different price points. the 30$ one dose not give you a mech, the 60$ point you pick one of the 4. the 120$ point you get all 4. I broke down and got the 60$ point and picked the atles. Figured since you buy mechs, a Atles would be a expensive toy to buy.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yeah i know - saw the different levels of cost.
Helmut
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

i set myself as mercenary but i'm not hard-set on it. however, this time around i can't play as much as i used to. i was hoping to just join in on practice battles and fill the roster if there is in fact a minimum headcount for specific unit types.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

anyone joining up is great Warcry. post your in game callsign in the callsign thread if you did not already. once we are able to get in game we will get more organized.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Ok, I bit the bullet and picked up the Legendary Founders pack. After talking to some co-workers and watching some of the videos online from the Beta, I'm hooked. Still need to DL the Beta and get the game updated, etc... See you in game soon.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it is fun, but we should really start getting our act together as a unit. at least get friend requests completed and maybe a group started. and then think about what we would like to do.

anyone have a good unit name that can use the acronym RLG? ;)
Helmut