MechLab Best builds

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

Re: MechLab Best builds

Post by Buffalo Six »

watched some dude last night (after I died in a hail of light) running 5 ERPPCs in a 5M.....it was alpha....shut down.....Alpha.....shut down.....but man when they all hit....boom
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dual PPC HKB-4P Build
--------------------------
Armor Standard (Stock points)
Internal Structure (Endo-Steel)

Armament
3 x MLS (L arm, R arm, R torso)
2 x PPCs (r torso, r torso)
1 x AMS

Equipment
STD Engine 200
Double Heat Sinks (15)
C.A.S.E.

I use weapon groups to help control heat:

Group 1 - 3 MLS
Group 2 - 2 MLS (L arm, R arm)
Group 3 - 1 MLS (R torso)
Group 4 - PPC 1
Group 5 - PPC 2
Group 6 - PPC 1 & 2

Right mouse button is set to fire Group 6 which works nice in any build. Just put your primary weapon(s) in that group (Sniping, LRMs or just for heat management) ...
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

The newest addition to my mechbay:

I ran Meat Grinder on a conquest PUG and got 5 kills. I can alpha strike a couple times, but frankly, chain fire this thing is devastating to anyone up close. Luckily, there were no light scout class mechs on the opposing side, so it was all brawl.
I now have all three variants up to master, so speed tweak, and all the other exp abilities, make this thing a force to be reckoned with.

Bron PDT_Armataz_01_41
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Raven build:
This build suits me well, since it HAS ECM but it has an SRM6 and an SRM4 instead of the streaks. No locking needed, so you can stay in Disrupt mode, but you have to practice hitting with the SRMs.

Loadout:

Right Arm: 2 Med Lasers
Left Arm: SRM4
Right Torso MED laser, SRM6
Center Torso: ECM
Left Torso: 3 tons SRM ammo
Nothing in the legs.
Armor config:

This thing helped me get to kill/death ratio over 1 woot!

Bron PDT_Armataz_01_41
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

CN9-A if you want a brawler with some speed this is fun

3 srm 6 5 ton ammo in case. all in same torso
2ML
Endo
DHS
250 Standard engine
Full armor except 1 point in each leg.

With speed tweek its 89kph. has a damage potential of 55 and a nice 1.41 heat curve. Been playing with this toniht and ya its a killer. Note the Cent has doors for the missle sots so hit / to open them. else there is a delay. I have found tis very efective against light mechs as I am fast enough to get a sight on them.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

So I managed to buy and build out a highlander 333C this weekend. Yes I have another ac20 mech PDT_Armataz_01_41 I also had fun playing with blackhawk, Hammer and (enter name here) with my build and was quite sucesful

So first it comes stock with full armor so it stayed at full armor. Tossed in DHS and endo steal skeleton. After that I found a 300std ending I had (no clue why I have it) sup put that in the mech. this gives me about 55kph in the mech. It can take a bigger engine but you lose weapons or something else. The ac20 stayed ofcourse with I believe 4 tons ammo, 2 srm6 with 2 tons ammo, and 2 LL's. toss in 15 freezers and 1 JJ only and this is a done build. the 1 JJ lets me pop up and hit targets who are behind short buildings and can make the jump turn as well. Would like to get 2 JJ on it but with the weapons load I can only fit one. This thing has a 56 alpha and trust me it hurts.

It has shown to be quite entertaining and the 2 LL and 1 JJ let me do a little pop tarting. You only can jump 6 M with 1 JJ but it has proven already to be enough in many cases. done a few jumps and was able to alpha a light who was standing behind some cover.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I really like the mechromancer tool. Without having to launch the MWO game I can experiment with load outs here at my desk at work.
I want to try this Raven 3L build for sniping those poptarts :)

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... 80537c.jpg
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

My latest and most used mech lately is my -A Jagger.

AC20 X 2 (Ammo in the legs and head for 5 tons total.)
This CAN be one shot if hit in the head PDT_Armataz_01_02
Two medium lasers for when/ if you run out of ammo. I rarely run out of ammo... if I hit them with anything close to all of the AC20 rounds, it's game over for the enemy team. 35 rounds = 700 points!
Big Fast XL engine lets it run at 73kph, but more importantly is has a FAST torso twist. Lights beware!

Letting Blackhawk run out in front of me with his AC/20 Jagger and I can usually steal a kill or two or three with this one. In any case, when we do run these together, anyone we run up on has a very bad day.
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Bron, BH and me were running 3 jaggers tonight, they had their Jaggers with AC 20 boom booms and I had my Boomstick AC20,UAC 5 and 2 ML we cleaned up....I would tap the bad guys with the UAC 5 and the boys would close and clean up with their pop guns from hell...we cordnated well and it showed results...
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

So with the phoenix drop I got new toys and no time. I only mucked with the shadow hawk, specifically the xp bonous one. 2h i think. but its been doing amazing so figured share the basic build

xl300
11 double HS
2 ac2's (4 ton ammo)
LL
2 srm2's 1 ton ammo (one head one torso)

I have been breaking 300 damage easily and did a game yesterday morning where i got just shy of 500. Been a relay fun build. Use it as a mid range mech, ie sit back form brawl but not long range. and hammer enemy mechs. als good to be a fast reaction mech, issue over there get there now and hammer the guys coming in.

I have tryed a lbx and a ac10 in this build, but other weapons staying same (maybe 1 more srm2) and overall the best is dua ac2 for me.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

So got all 3 shadow hawks built out. I will post later but all are AC builds. One aboe with 2 ac2's, one with a ac10, and the last with 2 ac5's. The rest (besides ac2 boat) is 2 ml's and variations on srm packs. So far lovign the builds. All als use XL and are all running in the 80 bracket. But so far I have been able to break 500 damage with some of these on a some what regular bases.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

My new best mech for running Skirmish is a Battlemaster running 2 LRM10s, 2 LRM15s and 4 med lasers. I have 1440 missiles and still run out. The 4 med lasers are great for end game.
Where are all my wing men?

PDT_Armataz_01_41