MWO team name

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

MWO team name

Post by Hammer »

if we could pick a team name and set an identity, it would help. seems odd, but it would help. ;)

anybody want to set a time and day and let's see who shows up?
Helmut
Slamhammer

Re: MWO Nov 6 Patch

Post by Slamhammer »

ELH themed Sub unit : 151st Lighthorse Lancers,Dragoons,cavaleers, or Cavalry any of those would work...using one of those would indicate the type of tactics we use. Using Hammers word magic....we can create a unit ID that in its self is not ELH proper but affliation can be developed.......RLG as the parent corperation;
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am pretty sure Slam gets what I mean about an identity and what that could mean. PDT_Armataz_01_25

So, here is what i suggest. we start like a real merc unit would. create a Battlemech company if we want to do armored or it can be a Battlemech troop if we decide to do cavalry. I think we are going to lean towards Cavalry, I know I like the Cav concept.

Troop vs Company: Cav Troops are typically multi-faceted and have a mix of heavy and light assets within the platoon. This is due to the recon and screening and raiding missions typically assigned. Companies are generally homogenous and have the same type of vehicle in the entire company. Often a Cav squadron will have 3 troops and one company.

we should have a command lance with CO, XO, 1SG (or other Sr NCO as appropriate), and Master Gunner ( PDT_Armataz_01_36 )(A6, A5, A7, and A3 respectively, see below).

we have 3 platoons with 1 lance each, 4 Battlemechs. Each has a Lance leader (usually but not always Officer, Sr NCO (I believe SGT in BTech universe) and 2 mechwarriors.

we can create a unit identity as we see fit now, and it can easily transform into whatever it needs to be to fit into the MWO gameverse later (once they get community warfare and additional tools up and running).

for now, how about A Troop, 1st Cavalry Squadron, RLG? period. we can stew on a nickname for A Troop and 1st Squadron and the Regiment it belongs in. if/when we see the need to add another Troop, it will be B Troop, 1 Squadron. etc., etc. The CO unit designation would look like A6 1/RLG. The 3rd Battlemech in the second platoon unit designation would look like A23 1/RLG, the Platoon/Lance leader unit designation would be A26 1/RLG.

if you do not like A troop, pick another. I was in K Troop 3/2 ACR. there is of course the infamous F Troop (although some of you younger people are not going to know about it).
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Alpha troop = Assassian troop, Bravo Troop = Battle troop and so on....
Hammer I am good with a A troop 1 Sq RLG .....A troop is were we place the real players and we can use NPC's to fill the rest of the squadron to add substence to the roll play aspect of the game....If everybody is in agreement Hammer or I can register unit on MWO unit pages as a merc unit.... Thoughts ?
Hammer

Re: MWO team name

Post by Hammer »

split these posts to here, this should probably replace the previous discussion. this theme can leave us flexible for however things turn out in MWO, but still give us some cohesion. we will really need some unit cohesion to ever get 8 online at the same time.

let's see if we can get some general consensus, or at least an 'i am tired of this discussion, just do something and i will abide' comments! ;)
Helmut
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I like it. Seems very flexible to me. Roll it! ;)
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Ok since I'm the only one with rank in their insignia, and it happens to be a command rank, my flag will fly over 1st Cavalry Squadron, RLG.
So that makes me General Bronurstomp 1st Cavalry Squadron, RLG?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well.!. i think we need to demote you. for ELH you should have been a Brevet General, actual Col. for a squadron, you would be a Lt. Col.! and I can fix that General thing in the forums really quick! PDT_Armataz_01_40

but really i think we need to decide that this is good, a couple more people should give feedback.

then we can decide on leadership. i will start another thread on that aspect.

i would like to hear from Veg, Tach, Buff at least. It would be great if we can get BH back in here (I will check my BF3 contacts to see if he is still playing that).
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Actually, I think it would be a great idea if you dropped the General off my name. I didn't know if by dropping the General part, if my older posts would have been lost when you told me you could merged the two accounts. So ya please drop the General off... it's a bit pretentious, even for me lol.

I'll go along with whatever gets voted for or whatever.
I saw BH on TS3 Sat night.
<S> Bronurstomp PDT_Armataz_01_36
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK Bron, changed that. BTW, did not meant to be pushy or anything about it if i seemed so. You will still always be our crusty old general. PDT_Armataz_01_24

see if you can get BH into the forums again. tell him we need to talk guns, and mechy of course.

also an idea on a cav unit, we can actually put 5 or 6 Battlemechs per lance. In my cav troop on 3/2 ACR, each platoon was 6 vehicles; 2 tanks and 4 scout vehicles (3 M60A3/M1 and 2 TOW vehicles and two M113). I undersatnd later when the Bradley came out it changed to 2 tank platoons and 2 scout platoons per troop, 4 vehicles each. so we could go either way in an organization, i prefer the mixed vehicles with 6 per platoon/lance.
Helmut