best cent

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

best cent

Post by Hammer »

OK, so you may realize I am working on mastering one or more mediums. i have elited on the cicada 3m, and am working on centurions now. what is the best one to elite on? i assume it is the 9d? but my assumption may be wrong. i might rather have two ppc's than an ac20 for instance which means putting the money into the 9al might be better. but it cannot have as large an engine as the 9d. i do have an xl320 from my cicada 3m that i can drop into the 9d and sell off the xl300 that comes with it, or do the opposite and drop the xl300 into the cicada if i ever want to run that.

thoughts?
Helmut
Slayer

Re: best cent

Post by Slayer »

I've been working on my hunchy which rolls w/2 ppcs.. he's pretty much straight up (no engine or armor pt. changes) w/dbl HSs and I think FF armor. I'll have to dbl chk, maybe post rhe build. Anyway, dual ppcs are fun if your good with ppcs and canhandle the heat.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Mediums and heavys, faster hitting ones are my main stay in this game. So cent is one I mastered right away.

I mastered in a Wang, A and AL. So let me give my configs as I have been quite sucesfull

All Cents have the below
Engo steel
Stock Engine
Dobule HS (al is standard at moment as need room for amo)

All mechs comments. All mine wun the stock standard engine. So I have literaly in all 3 mechs been down to a CT, Legs and a Head and sill got kills with those 2 ML's. Always have them loaded as its a amazing zombie mech. Hell I was one time in the wang with 1 leg, CT, head and 0 armor on any of it and made a kill while capping the base.

AL
is a energy beast and when I mastered the ppc was not usefull. I may try one but I had fun as a medium to close range mech. You could not brawl easialy 1 on one with this but taking pot shots and then playing protector to a atles or LRM boat was good ad you could take on lights easialy.
RA 1 LL 1 ML
CT 2 ML's
LT 2 streek srm2 case 2 tons ammo
336 armor
1.19 heat eficency
34 in firepower

A
Medium to short range harasser. Again brawling with this is not its concept, the idea is to protect your big guys. It is also efective against lights with the streeks. I have not played since ECM so e will see what I do with it. Again I played this guy a lot an dit is quite good at anoying the crap out of mechs.

RA ultra ac5
RT case, 4 tons ultra ammo, 2 DHS
CT 2 ML's
LT 3 streek srm, case 2 tons streek ammo, 2 DH
LA armor shield think i reoved aror from this arm a little
304 armor
30 firepower
1.26 heat eficency

Wang
Most people bash this mech as they don't liek its limited eapons loadouts. But hey its a Want, in tis time frame it had a ac20 and 2 ml's (and titanium nails which we don't get). Its faster stock then the other standard engine Cents so using that speed you can make strafing runs past a enemy and back to cover in a match. Using this mech as a target of opertunity setup you can snag kills. I usualy run out of ac20 ammo before losing the arm to be honest. And its fun to ring someones clock with that thing.

RA ac20
RT case, 4 tons ac20 ammo, AMS, 1 ton ams ammo
CT, 2 ML's
LT 2 DHS
LA amor shield
30 firepower
1.29 heat efecency
320 armor

D
I don't have this but have run into it. Man its fast and hard to track if it wants to stay in your back arc. The issue I have is this is no longer a zombie mech, IE lose a side torso and its dead from XL. this mech should be kept at full throtel and with a loadout for hitting hard and running out. Do not stock and fight as side torso easy to hit on this mech overall.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Did some mucking with AL build as hey I want to try ppc. so here is what I just play tested. Made it a DHS mech from the standard heat sink it was before

RA ERPPC, LL
RT 4 DHS
CT 2 ML
LT SRM6 2 ton ammo, case, 2 DHS
LA nothing armor
firepower is 44
armor 336
Endo steel
stock engine

just did a round and it can hit hard. But dam it can be hot. In a close in fight ignore the ERPPC unless you got a amazign shot. Else stick to srm6, 2 ml and ll. still loads of firepower to take mechs down But you get the CT shot on a can opened mech give her.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have been running my AL with an ERPPC, ML, 2 SSRM. i might like this one the best, but still need to finish basic on it and do the D as well. i will then decide which of the three i keep and elite on.

Veg,
when the hell do you play? i do not see you on, and you certainly have to play a lot to master three mechs, much less elite in them! i am usually on later Pacific time though.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:i have been running my AL with an ERPPC, ML, 2 SSRM. i might like this one the best, but still need to finish basic on it and do the D as well. i will then decide which of the three i keep and elite on.

Veg,
when the hell do you play? i do not see you on, and you certainly have to play a lot to master three mechs, much less elite in them! i am usually on later Pacific time though.

Whenever I can. i have had a bunch of nigt shifts so hade some day time play time and when waiting for ourtesting group to finish i can shoot somthing. Got a few rounds in this orning for example.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

VEGETA wrote:Did some mucking with AL build as hey I want to try ppc. so here is what I just play tested. Made it a DHS mech from the standard heat sink it was before

RA ERPPC, LL
RT 4 DHS
CT 2 ML
LT SRM6 2 ton ammo, case, 2 DHS
LA nothing armor
firepower is 44
armor 336
Endo steel
stock engine

just did a round and it can hit hard. But dam it can be hot. In a close in fight ignore the ERPPC unless you got a amazign shot. Else stick to srm6, 2 ml and ll. still loads of firepower to take mechs down But you get the CT shot on a can opened mech give her.
Ok this build I have done some more tests with and DAM it its fun. I just got 4 kills in last match. Last being a atles. 2 of us beat on a atles tell Cat died. Then it was me and the atles, but had just taken out his left torso removing a bunch of his weapons. His ac20 also done, but he managed to take my gun arm off. But I was always out manuvering hin and finelay cored him out with 2 ml's and what was left od srm6 ammo. Its a lot cooler then you think for a build to be honest. But in that same match I had managed to flank a little and just kept taking shots on there mechs and just causing havic with LL and ppc. Endd up with over 800 damage done.

So its great for harassing people at a little range thne getting in close and finishing the job.