MWO gameplay

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

MWO gameplay

Post by Hammer »

post somewhere else about what those issues are please.

i split this from the other post to have a clean discussion about gameplay issues and who we might lose due to that.
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Re: Group drop times and Recruiting

Post by Buffalo Six »

its MWO game issues, that and he was convinced people were running aimbots (I dont think they can with the hit detection being server side......but thats also why we have the lag sheild). I also think he just dosnt like the gameplay as it is now
Hammer

Re: Group drop times and Recruiting

Post by Hammer »

ok, does it look like it would change enough to be acceptable in the future? what is bad about it? there are things i do not like, but i can quantify them.

in general, how does gameplay look to everyone? is it acceptable enough to be mechy? or are the differences acceptable? etc. etc.

my issues:

-ECM, it aint right
-lights are really, really hard to hit. can you imagine a full lance or even 8 of them? really bad for fire support mechs
-only 4 or 8 in groups
-8 players per team max (even 12 is not enough in my opinion, but better than 8)
-maps too small
Helmut
VEGETA

Re: MWO gameplay

Post by VEGETA »

LMAO all I was saying (that kicked off Hammers response) was Hond had issues, was not going into any details. Jsut giving reasons why he has not been active in the game
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yeah but i think it is interesting to know what those issues are. do enough of us like it to stick with it? can the issues that each of us have be glossed over enough? is it even enjoyable perhaps?

there are other games too that we all might enjoy more! ;)
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Between MWO, some STO, and if I can swing it Forza/GT5/iRacing (which I havent since Nov.), I dont have a lot of time for other games right now. Besides there is not a lot out there that interests me at the momemt
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Hammer wrote:yeah but i think it is interesting to know what those issues are. do enough of us like it to stick with it? can the issues that each of us have be glossed over enough? is it even enjoyable perhaps?

there are other games too that we all might enjoy more! ;)
Guild Wars 2 :-P

The PVP in STO (ground, anyway) can be lots of fun but it takes some work (not gear, necessarily) to get 'good' at it and Cryptic keeps throwing pay to win <censored> into the mix.

Anyway. I won't be playing MWO any time soon. My issues with MWO are twofold:

1. I just can't play it on this PC and I can't afford a new PC right now.
2. What little bit I have been able to see/play of it has not engaged me at all. Frankly, I'd rather play megamek.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple