THIS PATCH SUCKS!

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slayer

THIS PATCH SUCKS!

Post by Slayer »

I cannot get logged into MWO. Right after logging, I get:

CryEngine Error
FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read

Previously i've gotten that error while trying to go into a match, but a reboot usually cleared it up. I've tried rebooting and cycling power on my PC. So far nothing seems to work. Any tips?
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Re: THIS PATCH SUCKS!

Post by Bronurstomp »

Damn Slayer sorry to hear that.
I wonder if you got a corrupt patch from your internet issues?
I had no issues at all with the patch. And I like it!
Some new graphics at power up, the good old systems start up vocals from Betty, and the weapons Graphics are improved!
SRMs converge MUCH tighter! And damage reported is a lot faster. Enemy mechs die fast too.

Bron.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Actually that was my thought. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm at my daughters soccer practice atm, but it was patching when i left.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Well after a reinstall and patch all appears to be well, although I haven't dropped yet, i'm assuming it will work since i'm able to log in now. From the reading I did on MWO it sounds like I had a corrupt texture file. Sounds like the need some better error correction in there patch code. I might get to drop yet tonight, I have some work to do for my dad first, so we'll see. :)
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

they did some net code tweeks that from reports seamed to help a lot.
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Ran the game with patch for about 10 drops before work notice improved netcode vs lagshield. It is much easier to hit lights now...Lagshield is almost gone in some mechs and toliable in others. In the 10 drops I made I ran my 4x2 rack and did not pannick when 2 Commandos and a Raven jumped me....was able to smack the raven pretty fast AC-10's do butt load of damage to a non lagshielded Raven. The Commando Pilots had to have commo and they were good...was able to hit Commando #1 in head and CT with 2 ML's and 1 AC-10, killed it Grave yard dead and I aimed at the mech not in front like I have been. Commando #2 most likely put 1 and 1 togather and pulled back and used the light mech like it was made to be used for, scouting and skirmeshing/flanking...Saw Assaults taking down lights more often ...light piolts who did not understand the patch died over and over again..they were playing like they still had the lagshield going in by themselfs or in groups of 2....boom, pew and bam they died...So I believe we are headed in the right direction with the game....Note... Good light pilots still will do well they just have to adjust there game play to what the role of lights are....
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Thats very exciting news! I'm hoping to get some matches in tonight if anyone is on.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that sounds great actually. maybe i will get back on soon.
Helmut