Light fun

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Light fun

Post by VEGETA »

so a week or so back I joined a random group on that unofficial TS server. the guy organizing asked we all run lights as he was leveling his commando. so why not my 3pl came out, his commando and then the other 2 where swapping between spiders, jenners and ravens. Overall we had a blast begin a pack that would just pick a target and tear them apart. Look for stranglers, or the enemy supporter such as PPC and lrm boats. We did not win every match, and with the 2 net code fixes and whatever it was they did on last patch that we where 100% taking damage and being hit. but a pack of lights would confuse the mech and they usually where not able to pick and stick to a target.

Then last night Myself and Blackhawk joined up for a hr, me in my 3pl (my only other lights is a ravon 4x that's not kitted out yet), and him in his cicada's. We had 3 drops in alpine in a row and won all 3 on caps. we where 90% on capping and would just tape points. Our secondary objective to us was if we find the enemy lights to follow and destroy. If the enemy lost its capping lights then they where all but finished. We tried the same on another map or 2 with more mixed results. Map size making a big difference. I believe the change for faster point accumulation was for the worse. Ie even on small maps I find it times out to quick. Om alpine its just WAY to fast meaning if the enemy steam rolled us and it was just me and Blackhawk (and this happened) but we kept just going after caps we where sure to win. the assults/heavy's could not keep up. Hell the where not fast enough to just split and go to every point and wait.

but ya I have always been fast medium and heavy mech guy (people feared my uzi in mw4) but I must admit running larger lights (spider just not happening) is becoming rather fun. Even started working as a true raven, ie circling enemy and spotting for lrm/ppc boats.
Hammer

Re: Light fun

Post by Hammer »

yes, a pack of lights is horrible if you are not one of them. no doubt there. has tempted me to try a light.
Helmut