Dakka Dakka next week

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Dakka Dakka next week

Post by VEGETA »

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jagermech

http://mwomercs.com main page has message about jagermech coming soon. Ie next Tuesday. Als note a new large desert map is suppose to happen that day. But hey being davion here who like the dakka, this should be a fun mech. So hey figured post up and see if anyone looking forward to this mech.
Hammer

Re: Dakka Dakka next week

Post by Hammer »

looking forward to another large map more actually. but yeah more new mechs is good.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Love the Dakka Dakka....shell casings everywhere.....will buy Jager just to make that cool Dakka Dakka sound....
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

What s the consensus on the Jager? Anyone have a build they like? Which variant is best?
I guess I should just buy all three and get the exp up on them to master... so it looks like it's back to the grind!

Bron
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I don't even have the cash ton finish off the raven I was working on. Not even close to buying one :(
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Jager is.......well the Rifleman in hipper clothes. 2 of the variants actually have about the same armor onboard as a Commando. If you pile on any sort of hardware and a decent ammo load, you have about half armor value. heck the rear armor is in the single digits. They are slow (with a standard) and hot as hell especially on the new map with its 97C temps. I had one with 4-AC2 and 2-ML and it would heat up so bad on Forest colony it wasnt funny. It has a CT profile larger than an AWS, and a huge head damage box. In fact the day it was out I lost my head 5 games in a row. Now a lot of that was LRMs that were uber borked in the last 2 patches. About the best build I have for one is 2-AC20 2-ML on a -DD, but it cant stand up in a fist fight, you have to get in, hit and fade. Rinse and repeat.

I'd save you cbills and slots for the Highlander next month

LRMs and SRMs and SSRMs were nerfed into oblivion (they needed it as they got borked somewhere) and they say its so they can find the problem with the entire damage model.....who knows when they get "unfixed"
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

SlamHammer and I went through a few different builds last night.
Buff you're right about the mechs having no armor off the assembly line. All three variants I just stripped off everything, and then brought the armor up to full before I even put a motor on them.

I have a -A with 2 LRM15s and 2 ER Large with an XL engine that I like. But it runs Hot hot hot.
I think I have the - DD set up with the twin AC20s and 2 med lasers. And as Buff said, it doesn't hold up long in a fight, so be prepared to hit and run, or wait until the assaults get into it. I got in a few lucky kills after Slam softened them up for me in his -DC :)
We both tried a couple dakka dakka builds, with limited success. He seems to do better with the
AC2s than I do. I had a 3 AC5 that put some decent damage down range, but this chassis is pretty sorry for a heavy mech in a furball. I think the Catapult holds up better for the same weight.
I can't recall what I put on the -S.
I used Gxp to run all three variants up to Master level so I could put the speed tweak on. That helps a lot with the lack of weight available for the engine! Also, filled in the 2 free modules with targeting or if you make a fast one, add the capture module. I haven't tried the toilet flush yet. Maybe tonight.

Hope this helps!

PDT_Armataz_01_41
Bron
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

As Bron and Buff said, the Jag is like running around with a minigun naked a lot of lead but u get hit u take damage even with med lasers. So adjust your tactics to this fact. I played a build tonight what seems to work for me. A Jag DD with 1 AC-20, 3 tons of ammo ( 21 ) rounds, 1 UAC5 with 3 Tons of Ammo (75) rounds, 2 Med Lasers, AMS 1 ton of Ammo, Standard 210, 11 Double HS heat index of 1.41, speed is 52.8 KPH ,armour is 388 out of 460. Works great if you lay back snipe and provide overwatch then move in as your team starts to close distence. The UAC5 has a 600 meter range as you move torward the engagment area u can put holes in the enemy armour since the ideal is that your brawlers are mixing it up with them they tend not to pay attention to you so that allows you to provide damage so your team members can make the killshot...( do not try this alone insure you got team mates mixing it up you will not survive long if bad guys focus on you). as you close to 250 meters or less group your AC20 and Med lasers togather you be surpized how much damage you dish out...The keys to this; make sure u have at least a lance size unit of friendlys with you and you do not go in with them stay back providing overwatch and as your team starts to get the advantage then move in and hit them as they bare. ( this thing can get hot so watch your fire rate). I hope this helps
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Great post Slamhammer. I have a Jager that has been devastating to the enemy, when used very much like you stated.
The difference is this one (its a -A) has 2 AC20s and 2 med lasers. It run MONDO hot though hehehe.
If I hang back, under cover, trying not to draw attention to myself, and wait for the inevitable furball, I can usually get in a kill shot or two. What seems to be most effective is to paint the enemy with the med lasers, then drill in the dual AC20s at the same spot I hit with the lasers.
I have had several 4 kill drops with this mech this week.
On a side note, we miss you man! Where you at? Everything ok?

PDT_Armataz_01_41

Bron
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

All is Well I am at school at Fort Lenardwood Missouri the Army saw it fit to send me to school for month I should be back and scraping mechs by the 4th of May
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice, Bron or Buff thought it was something like that.
Helmut