hit point break down.

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

hit point break down.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

was looking around trying to figure out why it takes so much to kill an unarmored mech..

at this point there is nothing concrete on this. mostly speculation, but its starting to make sense.

so internal hit points seem to be half of what the max armor is for that location..

for example. my Atlas D-DC

my front center armor is 94
max armor for the center location is 124
half of the max armor for center is 62
so to strip the front CT armor and to destroy all the internals BEFORE the mech will die would be 156 damage points.. 157 points would in theory kill the mech..

BUT!! i was poking around in mechlab today and noticed something interesting..
my Atlas uses a Standard 310 engine. if you click the engine you get the data below. it says it has 15 hit points itself. plus, i have 2 heat sinks on the engine. each heat sink is 10 hit points for double heat sinks.. so just the engine alone with heat sinks comes to another 35 hit points.

since i have nothing else in my engine, it would take a total of 191 damage +1 to kill me in the front, center torso.

i have been having issues where it seems my shots were ineffectual, however i think im beginning to understand the situation involved here.

1- there seems to be a huge amount of comments on bad net code, that is causing a lot of stuff to be not recognized and/or it will accept part of the damage then does not see the rest. i don't know a huge amount about that part of things, not really a internet Guru here lol.
2- perhaps what is going on, is that when i fire and hit after the armor is missing, i am hitting a internal component that does not register on the damage indicator. so its actually causing damage but didn't do critical damage.
3- there appears to be a hell of a lot more crap in this things behind the armor then i figured on LOL.

anyhow, i thought it was sort of interesting, and answered some of the questions i have been having about why it sometimes takes so damn much to kill some mechs.. you can check out the hit points of components in your mech lab by clicking on them and looking at the data on the bottom.

good hunting! <S> PDT_Armataz_01_36
VEGETA

Re: hit point break down.

Post by VEGETA »

My understanding is that all internal components have hit points. They do not add to the armor of that location. I though tit was used for critical hit calculations. Ie you get a crit when hitting a side torso that has just been cracked open and the ac20 gets ripped out but the torso remains. The idea being you could strip out the entire torso without actually critting/hitting any of the components. Now blow out the torso and all components there are gone. But I do not believe it adds to the actual armor of the mech. Now considering how much they changed the forums it would take me forever to find that info. Note I dislike the new forums setup.