group meeting

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slayer

Re: group meeting

Post by Slayer »

I like the idea of "Lost" in our name also. Really fits in the way BK described it. As far as colors, I also kind of agree with him. One thought I had though was maybe require leaders to adhere to a color scheme. In most cases MC will not likely be an issue here as most of the leaders are likely to be vets. who've already bought into the founders program and have been pumping cash into it since.

That being said, i'm kinda psyched to see the Shadow Hawk come out and have been trying to figure out how to fin-angle $80 and make my return to the battlefield. I've been playing diablo 3 with my bro. lately, but he's usually off by 8:30 / 9'o EST. Maybe i'll get my client patched up and start hopping on and doing some drops.

Has the TS server info changed at all?
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

TS server is the same. would be glad to see you again Slayer :) till then, good hunting!
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

with CW around the corner ( man i hope! ) does anyone feel we should revisit this? perhaps set in stone a name ( until we are told we cant use it ) perhaps setup a rank structure... anyone have any ideas about a website? i also came up with another name if interested The Lost Horsemen TLH just in case we can use 'eridani' or 'light horse' in any way. i was thinking about names though, and i cant figure out how "lost" makes us sound cool on second thought LOL. sounds like someone had their star map upside down or something... i would like to see being originals involved somehow in the name. the Russians may of taken ELH from us, however they did NOT take our history. i would also like to see some connection to ELH in some way. so if new members ask, then we can at least claim our heritage. ( fathers of the lighted horse )? (light horse pioneers)? you get the point lol.

as to graphics, i still have my old graphic software someone on my backup drive..i could crank something out... i would hope my tastes have improved with age.... ( but no bets! ) its been FOREVER since i worked with a website though. but, would be willing to give it a try if we dont have anyone else.

anyhow, i just wanted to direct some of our greatest minds back to this some. dont know about you, but im kind of wanting to dig in and get something going :P
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I'll throw a few names at ya! Duck and cover!

The Heavy Horsemen
Heavy Light Brigade
Light Horse X
Light Horse Prime
Star River Riders
Star River Horsemen

And one for Mr. Ghost if he is out there:

DEATHHOOF Z!

BTW, still on the same old 2006 Dell so can't play MWO. Still playing GW2 (transferred to a different server) and have also been logging in to TSW and LOTRO. Seylah and all that!
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

here was the old team name thread. you can see we went through a lot of ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=174&t=14280

I have an idea to use ELH! somewhat pretentious, and difficult to live down when we get beat:

Elite Light Horse

Of course I still like The Light Horse and even Heavy Metal Militia.

we could go with a real life unit name as well, something at least one of us has served in. I have served in:

Screaming Eagles (101st Airborne)
The Rock (while in the 101st, 2nd/503rd)
3rd Squadron/2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment
1st and 2nd/54th Mechanized Infantry

I do think it is time to nail this; or should we wait and see how the unit naming conventions are dictated? or has that been done?

if it is time, should we create a naming committee? or take suggestions?

can anyone get some of the new people that have been hanging with us in here? I would love to have everyone participate.

I do not think we need a web site. that sounds much too serious. I can always as my wife to make a logo or unit crest - she is very good at that stuff.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

(Light Horse Milita).....There it is.... Hammer when you submitt the actural app for getting a unit for CW they will run it through their name vetting. They have it posted in the fourm. I believe this meets all of the naming conventions.

So after the name we have to start nailing people down. This what I have as solid intress enough to put them on a roster.
Bron, Slamhammer, Pain, MM, BH, Hammer, Starlight guy, MD, Gator, Blade, Corwin V, Buff, good side of maybe is Veg, Stach, Tach when he gets a compy. Meet them in game and invite them to our coms and drop with them.

I figure when need a roster of 18-20 to get the 12 when need to play and practice. When Kinda need to start getting user to 12 v 12 so we can work on coms and in game cordnation. It looks loke it could anywhere between 4-6 month for full CW play. So we have a little bit of a window but the eailer we get a solid unit foundation the better we will be set when we start CW play.
BH get with hammer and see what the capibilties are for this fourm page. We might be able to add the needed stuff like rosters, contact code or other stuff as needed.

So as I see it recurting to get the players we need to make 12 v 12. Then start dropping at least once a week at 1st then as players are add and we get a larger roster we can start to add more practice drops through out the week. I Like ( LIGHT HORSE MILITA )

So lets start getting players.... Thank you
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

im good with the Light horse militia. all i wanted to do was put myself out there for use. find something for me to do and i will do my best to do it. looking forward to getting the party started. :cheers:
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Works for me too. Light Horse Militia (LHM) it is then.
I managed to recruit a couple (3) more pilots. We should try to stay in touch with them and get them involved with the forums here.
I've seen Aeros (Slayer) on line, but he didn't respond to chat. I'm assuming he is just keeping his game patched for when the time comes that his son lets him play again :)
When I get home tonight, I will try to get a list of all the active players in my friends list and put it here.
I am also very eager to get some 12 man drops in. We need to work really hard on our tactics, and especially following who ever the leader is for that drop. I very much enjoyed the way Slam had us each take a turn leading our lance the other night.
Bron.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK, I am not sure 3 get to decide. If we want to incorporate others' old units, like GDL, how about:

Light Horse Legion
Grey Death Regiment
Grey Horse Regiment
Grey Horse Militia

I kinda like Grey Horse Militia as well. we could even use the ELH logo, just have the horse grey with a red background.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually thinking about this, since we are a melting pot, maybe we should just create a new unit and move on. our logo or unit crest COULD implement remnants honoring our differing unit histories.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

apparently im too used to facebook, couldn't find the 'like' button though lol. i agree Hammer. other then a few of us the ELH part dosnt matter too much. if pain and MM are with us we have GDL and other units to consider, plus who knows who the new players may or may not be attached to. as much as i love the past, im more then willing to be involved in something brand new as well. for me its not really about the name and history, but the players anyhow.

had an idea for a name to throw out there. how about metal mounted malitia ? MMM ? maybe do a steal horse on a GDL type red background? hell we could even do something with a metal gauntlet in there and it would fit. just a few ideas, and my 2 pennies.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

The Bloody Half Hundred..........
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK, let's give this a few days and we will put the options up for a poll! more input.

so far:
-Heavy Metal Militia
-Bloody Half Hundred
-Mounted Metal Militia
-1st Battlemech Squadron (Battalion)(Regiment)
-3rd Regimental Combat Team PDT_Armataz_01_36

what else?
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Submitted for your approval/disapproval. had some time on my hands so i made this. let me know what you guys think.

oh. hammer came up with Black Thorn the other night too.. just thought i would add it while i remembered it.

<S>!!
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

liking this alot...great job BH
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

thanks Slam. keep in mind, its just a rought draft. i think i found some auto cannons that i can put in place of the pistols. will see what i can do. i was mainly bored so i just threw it together once i found my old paint shop pro lol. hell we havnt even settled on that name yet :P