group meeting

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

group meeting

Post by Hammer »

been some rumoring about maybe enough steady people to form a unit core.

can we talk about it on teamspeak? schedule it?

maybe fri evening at 7 pacific?

can someone ask Pain and MM? I am not sure they read the forums.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Re: group meeting

Post by Slamhammer »

Roger Hammer, I will pass it along to them tonight., Fri is ok for me that would make it 9 pm my time it gives me a hour before I have to get ready for work.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

what I may sugest is for the people like me who cant be on all the time is that you divide into 2 main groups. Primary force and a reservist group. I am hoping that after I get married and Viv finishes recovering from her motorcycle accident that I can find a little more time.

Also I can't make it Friday. Driving to Montreal so Viv can pick up her wedding dress. Then sat night we are going to strippers (yes she like the strippers and she likes motorcycles WIN)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

hopefully most can make it. we will post results.

my thoughts are:

-officially invite Pain and MM to join us! if they will. I think it is understood, but also a good thing to do.
-create lances with two people in similar time zones, they are responsible to fill out their lance. if they get more we break them into two lances, rinse, repeat
-discuss how to run the unit. my idea is like an old time militia - leaders volunteer and are voted on by entire unit.
-pending above, decide which main leadership positions we need. CO, XO, S3, 1SG, Master Gunner?
-I would like to discuss a 'uniform'. I know a lot of people like their custom paint and camo schemes, but maybe we can come up with something that is uniform but still allows some custom element
-the unit name thing. since we are havng an issue with an RLG based name, perhaps we free form it and do something like RLGaming's Heavy Metal Militia (I even kinda like that) with HMM as tags.

if there are other topics people would like to bring up, please post them. let's please not discuss them here, save that for the meeting.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i will probably be there.

one thing we may consider as well.. CSA Osis has invited us to join his group. seems they have 20+ consistent players. i have mixed feelings about it, but worth consideration.

i also think we should talk about participation. most topics are mute, if we dont have enough players to do much..

just a few topics we might want to address as well.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK - notes and agreements.

-we will continue as a loose affiliation of tight knit mechwarriors that will enjoy our time dropping in MWO, no hardcore regimens
-when the opportunity arises, we will use HMM as out unit tag. Heavy Metal Militia!
-we will recruit people when appropriate - being very cautious about people we invite into the group
-no uniform requirements currently, free for all on camo and paint schemes

Eastern - Bronurstomp
Central - Metaliman, Slamhammer
Western - Blackhawk K*, 976-Pain, Hammer

did I miss anything?
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

This go's without saying that Buff, Veg, Hondo, Tach, Slayer, Stache, Riddlebox are also family these are ones I seen playing in the last 6 months...Just us six on teamspeake tonight did not want to dismiss anyone...( remember I forget a lot so if I forgot u I am sorry...
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

sorry I missed the meeting, I was in the ER, my mom had a heart attack, and a fall. This happened sometime this week, a neighbor found her. So I was at the hospital till midnight last night and shes in the cardiac ICU today where we think she had a stroke.....its been a bad day or so.....so far.

I still think we need to wait until the CW stuff they keep talking about and them to get the damn bugs squashed. I hear they have made headway so far, but I got so fed up I put it away for a while as I was getting ready for my ride in the TdC. I was planning on getting patched back up and get my ass in the 'pit but this thing with my mom has that on hold.....I'll be back in game when I can, but shes a mess right now.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Buff,
how is your Mom? I hope well. first things first.

they have fixed a lot of issues. most of us feel it is pretty playable now. :) come give it a shot again once your family is squared away.
Helmut
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I've been trying to keep tabs on things here on the boards. I've been MIA for a while, basically shelf'ed it for a bit when Isaac started waking up in the middle of the night with bad dreams because he was up mech-mashing with dad to much. I intend to return, but right now between work, family and home projects, i'm up to my elbows.

Please keep a spot open for me. Not interested in leadership, but foshizzle would like to get back into some lance action again!

Buff. sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully she makes a quick, solid recovery.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Buff, i too am sorry to hear about your mother. i think i can safely speak for all of us that please take all the time you need man. we will keep your mom and you in our thoughts and hope all is well in the end.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

As the meeting went, things are moving in that direction. At the very least we agreed about black and yellow. Or yellow and black. Or olive-drab-green-which-sorta-looks-like-yellow, and black.
Yes I have only bought black. But at least now I can put black on my Wang and make it black and white. Looks great on Alpine.
It's been up and down with this team. When we get together it's usually an ass whoopin. Looking forward to getting all of us in bigger matches.
The newest map is pretty fun. The new mech BJ -1 with a pair of ERPPCs and JJs fits that map real well. They nerfed the JJs to shake while on the throttle, but you can still drop and fire. Hell you can fire when its shaking on the way up, but you just may not hit. Even so, with that terrain, having the JJs makes the BJ that much more maneuverable, much more agile.
See ya'll on the battlefield. If I'm in game and not on comms check the Comstar dropships.

<S>

Bron PDT_Armataz_01_41
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yeah, I have no mc to buy colors. I do have the pc gamer colors, red, white/grey, and black. add the default green to that and those are the colors I have. but lost of us are not using black and gold/yellow/whatever even if we could.

maybe once they allow decals that can be black and gold.

anyone have better idea than Heavy Metal Militia?

gotta see if we can get Pain and MM into the forums.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Hey is there anything stopping us from using Lost Eridani Light Horse? LELH.
We are certainly entitled to use ELH in our name somehow. I think most of us were in that merc unit at some point.
Just a thought. Otherwise we can stick with Heavy Metal Militia.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that is an idea. I like plain LLH better though. Lost Light Horse. or just Light Horse Regiment (or Battalion). or just The Light Horse. :) then there is no doubt who we are!
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

When the Prince dispatched troops to the Trondheim city of Eridani, the well-trained units of the 3rd RCT chased them off with little trouble. The RCT received its unit nickname of the "Eridani Light Horse" when a sympathetic journalist reported that the RCT BattleMechs had scattered the Combine units, "like spirited Eridani stallions chasing after fat, clumsy Luthien cows."
And personally, the ELH that I was with, helped our employer to conquer the galaxy before 98SE came out.
Anyway, we've been ELH since like,1999 or so, much longer than the Russians can claim, which they say is 2001. Is this the only reason we're NOT ELH?
I think we could put ELH on our tags in TS if we wanted to right now? Not sure if we'll ever get to modify our names in mwo without starting a new 'toon, So its sotrta moot till then.
What's the worst that could happen? PDT_Armataz_01_11
Cheers!

Bron
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, there cannot be two ELH's. in MWO, I really do not think they are going to allow any of the cannon merc units. I think we are going to have to create new units, at least new names.

THE Light Horse (TLH) is a new name. PDT_Armataz_01_34 We all know Eridani is understood. PDT_Armataz_01_25 is it not even referenced that way in some stories?

I really do not want to have an internet fight with other people about a unit name. PDT_Armataz_01_36

just thoughts. :cheers:
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Righto. Just figured I would put it out there. You're right about The Light Horse. Sounds good.
Bron
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I'm just glad we're in a position to be having the discussion. The game is continuing to be fun to play. And people keep showing up to play. As long as that is the case, I'm easy about everything else.
I'm finding that the team I'm on has more to do with winning than I do. I can have a rockin mech on a crap ass team and loss badly. Or play shitty on a great team and win big. SO that kinda makes it fun and keeps it random. Every game is still different, even after thousands. Having a full lance helps a lot. Having all eight of course would be best.
I am sorry to see some people have problems. What can I tell you. Move east. sigh, I would take lag over living here versus the Texas. PDT_Armataz_01_41
Bron
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i kinda like the idea of 'lost' in the name. old soldiers finding their way home. maybe "The Lost Eridani" (TLE)? as to colors and camo. it would be nice, to get a 'uniform' but, i know some are willing to purchase and others are not. so its a mute point IMO. i dont think it would be right by any means to force someone to get MC to get the right colors. kind of goes against the grain.

im sure some of you noticed i havnt been on a lot. i have been working my ass off lately. granted, i have had some really frustrating experiences with the game lately, but im not gone. part of it is i have been getting home later, and taking time to recoup from work. but i have been trying to at least play an hour or so every day. another part was to rethink my approach to mech building. its a little frustrating that each patch there seems to be a nerf/buff that totally changes my mechs i play. i dont relish spending C bills updating to a new play style after every patch... i i did come up with a new Stalker design but its a bit complicated and uses all 4 of my mouse buttons.. its frustrating because 2 of those buttons are tiny. so i think i may mod my mouse LOL. anyway, just wanted you all to know i am still on and about, and maybe once i get used to working again i will be a little more consistent on being on. right now i have been getting on around 6:30-7 pm pacific till around 8-9 pm..