Clan invasion

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bronurstomp

Clan invasion

Post by Bronurstomp »

So I am on the fence now that I have seen some screen shots of the Timberwolf.
If we want to dominate on the battlefield, I think we might have to opt in for the Timberwolf.
Just saying. Anyone agree? Disagree?

PDT_Armataz_01_41
Hammer

Re: Clan invasion

Post by Hammer »

I ain't paying real money to PGI for anything else. if I can eventually buy clan mechs with cbills, then yes I will get some. but eventually everyone will have clan meachs and no is mechs.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

not really sure myself. i want clan mechs! but, not sure about paying either untill PGI gets the game actually playable competition wise. @ Hammer. it all depends on what they actually do to keep them over powered. i know in lore, they were more powerfull then IS mechs. but, for a game like this, i am not sure they will be able to allow that. i know what they said they were going to do about it. but there seems to be a big difference between what they say and what they actually do or get done.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am a IS guy and always gone with IS mechs. I did spend cash ont he phoenix pack as some of my all time favorite mechs in there. especially for mediums. But the clan packs are very pricey, and overall there is little in them I want. I have always been more fond for the IIC mechs of clan tech
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I am in agreement with you guys about spending real cash. As it stands today, I have over 100 million Cbills in the bank just from running the phoenix mechs. I kind of like the achievement thingy. Makes you feel like your accomplishing something.
If this turns in to pay to win once they actually implement the C. W. I may let it fade away, and spend my game time on Planetside2.
The wife is away on business this week and next, so I'm going to buy some premium time. Maybe I can get up to 120 million Cbils :)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Planetside 2 is not too bad, but I prefer something with a bit more substance. But thinking about I, it would be awesome if MWO implemented something like PS2.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Hammer, are you talking about perpetual fighting in PS2? i like the idea of dropping into a location and shooting it out in a mech. i though about something like this right after mw4 was kind of done and i started playing the first planetside. imagine the scouting in lights you could do lol. get C-bills by attacking/defending bases. bonuses on mech building and weapon tech when planets are captured. to me, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun. you could even implement a feature where if you unit captures a base, its banded with your unit tag untill recaptured. create a hiring platform for mercs and maybe even throw a few pirates in if you want to get crazy. it would be complicated but sounds fun lol. ( turning off daydream switch)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, something like that.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

So the clan mechs are apparently out today. I sold off 3 mechs so I would have the mech bays available. Guess what, there are no clan mechs for sale for Cbills.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I'm going to drop in my Jester and see for myself if they fixed, or screwed up anything.
Ugh, so far I'm seeing everything taking twice as long as it used to.... man man man....
Ok 5 times in a row "Failed to find a match". Switched to a light (Raven) put in a module. Took 30 seconds to save mech.
Tried to launch in the raven. Waited 45 seconds, failed to find a match.
PGI = FAIL. PDT_Armataz_01_36

EDIT: 1 hour later, servers went down, back up we'll see.
edit 2: yup its worse than it ever was. got to drop 3 times so far on really lousy teams... did 300 dmg, but each time I had to restart the client to get a drop, otherwise its constant fail to find a match no matter what mech.
PGI broke the servers trying to give everyone their 24 clan mechs all in one day. instead of phasing them in. if you use the mechlab you will not get a match without restarting the client.
Have to admit the clan mechs are cool tho.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Drop in two matches this afternoon. Seems like they fixed the major bugs. Still no Clan mechs available for Cbills. Anyone know when that will be?

Hammer: I agree that sounds like a lot of fun. Drop and play no waiting! Like a solaris server 24/7. Cap the flag or just rack up kills, but not earn XP or Cbills maybe?
Would would be really cool if you could step through a "Zone" and switch from one map to another.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea the servers were messed up after patch for awhile.. they are giving a free day of premium time and a free mech bay for anyone who tried to log on after the patch when it was messed up. ( i think i did? just to check stuff out but not sure if i qualify...)

the clan mechs are being released in increments.
starting in July for MC then August for Cbills. you can find the schedule here. http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/158453 ... -schedule/

i got a few drops in.. the claners are potent but not almighty. their LRM fire comes in as a stream. and their lasers take longer to fire. but to be honest with my mother up from Texas i havnt been able to drop enough to tell if the balance is worse then it used to be.. so far i have played 3 games. 2 in the gauss Jager mech. and once in my SRM Stalker. the 2 in the gauss mech we lost horribly. even though i was in the top 5 damage wise.. in the Stalker we had a good win and was still in the top 5. ( i did noticed the SRMS do seem to function better at least! ) the Jager mech got blasted pretty easy, however the stalker held up pretty good. and i didnt note anything that was like some amazing 1 shoters or anything. so at this point i dont really have a clue how the game is going to be untill i can drop more.

thats all i know at this point folks. will see if i can sneak on when my mom isnt looking ( sigh... just like the good ol days! ) lol.

<S>!
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I have been playing a little still. I guess I am officially addicted.... PDT_Armataz_01_11

Anyway, they seem to have really fixed the SRMs to the point of them being deadly.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... 8e6ed7.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... 70119f.jpg

Ok thanks BH, I will hang around and buy some Clan mechys. I did see what you meant by the missiles and lasers watching in other mechs.
I still want a Timberwolf!
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ooo srm fix I have some srm boats and its a staple weapon for me. Always love having them on a mech as can get better chance of hitting that open torso :)
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

So I purchased some MC to buy clan mechs and the only one so far is the kitfox. What a POS! lol...
So I will continue to wait for mechs to be availabe for cbills, as I am now over 170million. PDT_Armataz_01_28

My latest Jester:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... c5e459.jpg

Just sayin....