viability of our group?

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

viability of our group?

Post by BlackHawk*K »

ok first off, im not commenting on us as a group. i totally understand that PGI has really in essence dropped the ball on this game. i know that a lot of us dont like how long it is taking to get this game to something "playable". some of us are just fed up! i get it! for me, the main purpose and the main reason why i play MWOline is that, it reminds me of good days in the past. i know we have all grown beyond a lot of what we used to be, and i know, that online gaming now days dosnt hold a candle to what we were back in the day. but, i enjoy interacting with you guys that used to be there in the past, and are here now.

the reason i am posting this is that, many of us are busy. ( damn daily life stuff!!!) and/or are disappointed where this game is at currently. we talked about about forming our own unit. and to be honest, i would prefer that.

but, ( yea you had a feeling it was coming.) what we have playing now isnt enough to sustain anything competitive if/(when) the game gets to the point where its actually doable.

my question i put forth is, do we want to go with how its been, or should we think about joining another unit? when the game was in beta, for me, it was great, the main reason was because many of us were on at one time. however, how days that just isnt the case. i get it, we are all older folk with stuff thats more important.. ( ok yea im a mw junkie so i tend to play a lot) so im not saying " hey get on more!!!" all i am saying is, we dont have enough here to compete if/(when), ( if ever) something comes along to compete in.

we are all valuable assets. either in game play, administration, leadership or anything else. dont doubt this! if this wasnt the case. how could we, after over a decade, still connect when we wish to!! we are all part of what makes the RLG, well RLG!

we are not the only ones who have noticed this though. Clan star adder. ( you know Osis) have invited us to join his group. i have also had an invite from a group called n71. http://n71.enjin.com/ ( not much there unless you register) while i like Osis. his group seems rigorously structured. and to be honest i dont see him dropping much in a group (now that the new patch lets you see such things) but, i have played some with the N71 guys. ( ok i fess up... i ACCIDENTALLY back shot a guy who ended up joining the group, we became friends..yes... i killed him....) from what i can tell at this point. they ARE structured. however, they are pretty easy going, willing to train new people, and have some active members. some are younger. but they have many older members. and, what strikes me the most, is they there is very little cussing or rants going on in their teamspeak. they seem to me, to be respectable folk.

i have spent some time with these guys. they seem ok to me. ( you can trade back shot stories!!) but, just know this! i would rather be here no matter what!!. but, if we checked them out, and thought them ok to hang out with. i think they would accept us just fine.

let me know what you guys think. im not deciding anything. i just wanted to throw this out there to think on. i would like to keep as many of you guys around as long as i can. because to be honest. i think of you all as my friends. and in my mind. you guys represent what it meant to be a gamer back in the gaming days when it really meant something to be a gamer! honor is lost on the young...

give me your feedback!
<S>
Chris.
Hammer

Re: viability of our group?

Post by Hammer »

lots of views (well, 10) and no feedback.

personally I do not want to join another group. if others want to I have zero issue with it, MWO will just die here. there are other games to play so not a big deal. now if they would like us to be an "ally" or some such to fill in their ranks for drops, that is fine and fits right in with a mercenary unit. there is just no motivation to do so in the MWO world right now.

I will say I am on pretty much every night, maybe late for some, and I am not finding anyone here (not even BH) most of the time. (maybe because you are over at the n71 group though).
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well some of that may be because im over at the other server. but to be honest, i have been logging off fairly early. i have been having serious sleep issues... ( as shown by this post at 1:57 pacific time.) im not sure what im going to do about that at this point... nothing seems to help at all.

i know the feeling of what you said Hammer. the main reason i offered this idea up was they seemed fairly civil. ( there are a few that get out of hand, but i dont see how that would be different then if we recruited.) they are goal oriented but also come across fairly relaxed. Bron has been over there a few times, he hasnt chosen to join their web site or anything. some of the players are really good, some are new people just trying to get around in a clunker. its just fun being able to drop with 4 more then 1 or 2 times a week.

i have a feeling something will happen with the private matches. i think PGI pulled the wool over our eyes so many times that when it finally came, no one was really ready for it.

i wish i could be on 2 TS servers at the same time without muting the one im talking on LOL. keep in mind, one of the main points of this post is that i dont want to leave anyone here alone or anything. we have history and friendship that goes beyond anything i can find elsewhere.

anyway, thanks for posting Hammer. ( 3 of those views were mine i think lol ) hopefully everyone else will post their views as well. if we get enough of the old crew on this may be a good team to hang out with to train and stuff with.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

PS.. Hammer, if i can get on top of this sleep crap. i do intend to keep playing NWNO with you as well. about 9pm rolls around im tired as hell. sometime i nod off, but i head to bed and i roll around for an hour. i think im going bonkers now days... uhg hell tonight i think i headed out around 8:30... i know im getting on in years but im not THAT old!!!
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

awesome, will have to give that a shot. Hammer, is there a time your typically on? i tried to get on RLG around 9ish. but i didnt see you a few times at 10 as well. we have some NWO to do and im already level 10 and i didnt even do any missions. ( just killing things lol)
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ya been doing this when on. Ie join ours then the general unofficial TS server. But when I am on I rearlle see anyone, mostly because I join at odd times. that said you can only talk in one server at a time. You can hear both but taking to one.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am on most every night from 8 or so to 10. Pacific.

you were on last night playing MWO, but I assume with the n71 guys since you were deployed and not in TS.

I hung out until about 9:45 then bailed.

level 10? I have done nothing so we could keep somewhat equivalent waiting on you Mr!
Helmut
Metaliman

Post by Metaliman »

I'd like to come back and play some if you'll have me. I don't have anyone on any contact list other than MWO and I've lost the info for the TeamSpeak server so I'm not real sure how to find anyone at the moment...
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

absolutely MM. we miss both you and Pain.

check here for the ts server info:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=763&p=3978#p3978

let me know if you cannot see that forum.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

color me in......work been crazy and guard has been asking a lot of the 1SG latley. I will be on 7-930 pm Central time give or take and later on non-work days most of you know I work nights Mon-Fri ... I think I am good for 3-4 days a week some weeks more some less....
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I'm around. Don't see much of anyone else though.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i had a rough weekend and so far looking like a rough week.( non work related real life stuff.. uhg...) i will be back on my regular BH channels and BH times as soon as i can!
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Ok I have gotten the feeling that MWO is not doing what we expected it would do to become what we want.
I have just downloaded and have been playing the latest Tribes. Find it here:

http://www.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/home

Woohoo! Shazbot!
'
Bronyurstomp (in Tribes Ascend)
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

is it time to bring this thread back from the dead?

i know i havnt been on a lot. i started going down hill after thanksgiving, and after Christmas i quite playing all together.

i know before i took my Vacation that people where having a hard time playing together some people quite playing all together. time zones effect a few of us in the group. our group was never super large in MWO to begin with.

i guess the question is, do you guys think we are going to make something of this?
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

I will keep playing because its mechy.....but irather play with my buds...and yes i do think it will pan out futher down the road ...we have other games to keep us playing togather ....SC, and such I think the combination of holidays and MWO's stuttery start...kinda spelled break time for a lot of people...but we can keep it on the table for the time we we migrate back we always do..
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I'm still around and still don't see many of us on. Spending more time on Planetside2. I have a lvl10 TR, Lvl 28 TS and lvl 56 Vanu.

I noticed we are done with Davion and are now with clan JF. That's fine. I got to level 5 in Davion. Only got in two drops for Jade so far.

Bron
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

So I noticed yesterday that now I'm Clan Wolf. I wish I could make up my mind.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

should be CGB, we signed up for CGB for 7 days.

if it is CW, not sure what is going on there.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Mine showed CGB I played two defenses and attack last night...