user.cfg file settings.

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

user.cfg file settings.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i dont know the whole lot of these things. but, i do have a few that people have talked about..

window film grain removal.

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0
r_DepthOfField=0
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0

level of depth. i assume it goes from 1-99 but im not sure. seems to me the lower the number the closer to the window you get.

cl_fov = 50

** i was playing with 80. it made you feel like you were in a cockpit environment more. however there is more stuff in your way looking out. ( but i also think you may be able to see your periphery better not sure though) now im trying with 10 to see how that feels. **

the user.cfg file was disabled for awhile. but i know now it is enabled once again.
Bronurstomp

Re: user.cfg file settings.

Post by Bronurstomp »

Thanks Blackhawk. Great info, especially the bit on the window glass. I'm wondering if they tweaked it a little bit too, as it doesn't seem to be as reflective, or green as it was. I haven't tried this tip yet, but I will. I have played around with the field of view FOV thing, and ended up setting it to 75 I think. I'll play with it some more.
Off topic... a small patch came out for WarT.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

where is this file located?
Helmut
Metaliman

Post by Metaliman »

Hammer wrote:where is this file located?
You'll have to create it in the main MWO directory. Example - (X:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online)

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0
r_DepthOfField=0
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0

is all I'm running and I think just the HDRGrainAmount makes it worth using. It's a better looking game without the grain.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK - I thought it should be there already. can create, no issue. I thought maybe something had changed since the multitude of releases since the original info had been posted.
Helmut