apology

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

apology

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i want to apologize for going off tonight.

my attitude towards this game is getting worse and worse. im not sure if im just hitting a burn out stage? tired of the same stuff all the time?

unless you play single player pugs, it seems you either end up vs teams who either do mass amount of missiles or teams that just run around legging people.
you never know if your shots are going to register or not. and much, much, more.

to be honest. the only reason ive even tried playing MWO lately is because of the people in our unit. i enjoy spending time with you guys.

i know a lot of people are not interested in SC as i am. and who knows i may be out in left field with a football bat with my expectations of that game. and besides, it may not be everyone's cup of tea either.

im just not sure what to do. i look forward hanging out with you guys, but, i hate being a pessimistic whiner and MWO is driving me to that right now. no one likes listening to it.

so, im sorry for becoming that again guys. im going to work on not voicing it so much. and if i cant handle something, i will simply take a break.

its the best i can do right now until either something better comes along or some of the fundamental flaws of MWO are addressed.
Hammer

Re: apology

Post by Hammer »

same applies to me. occasionally I do OK, most of this time it sucks.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I guess I must put myself in this camp as well.
I have gotten to the point where I rarely have fun, or laugh while playing MWO. So I have gotten pissed off and said angry things, and I am really sorry. I like playing with you guys. But here's the thing for me:
I don't seem to have game performance issues like Blackhawk and others. My game seems to act like it should in most respects, with the occasional stumble over some unseen obstacle that should not stop a multi-ton Battlemech.
My biggest issue is with the actual game play by us as a team, and I have gotten really annoyed by the lack of teamwork and communications.
It has been my observation lately, that if I don't formulate a plan and try to execute it, then no one does, and then it's just a game of hide and seek. True I tend to go headlong into battle, and get clobbered quickly if no one comes along in support.
It's worst when I take a slow assault mech, as I tend to get left behind and swarmed by lights and mediums from behind. If I don't call out targets, then no one does. At least lately. SO I have some thoughts on a positive note:

Something we haven't done as a team is to formulate a standard battle plan for any of the maps or for any of the modes (Conquest, Assault and Skirmish). If we could do at least that, we would sort of know what to do when we drop, instead of, "hey I think I'll try this", and then get clobbered by a team with a plan.

Just saying.

PDT_Armataz_01_40
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Sounds like you guys need your ass tickled by a fethr...

Coming soon to a drop near you.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Feather! good to hear from you man. i have been off playing Star Citizen lately. but, i can be suckered back into mechwarrior for a bit lol.

hit me up here or on FB. will see if my messed up schedule allows me to play or not. i kind of promised my time to help some people out this weekend. remember, no good deed goes unpunished! ;)

<S>!
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Greets Fethr, I saw you on today, but you didn't see my chat.
Its all good, I'll be back opn tonight. I have to go put up my wood pellets. There's 4 tons sitting in the driveway have to get into the basement.

PDT_Armataz_01_41

Bron
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Still trying to figure it out Bron. Soon, Buddy.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Featherhorse,

Yup, no worries. I think the game has improved and I've been having fun watching my tier rating change :) Slamhammer and I dropped for a few battles last week.

Next time you're on line, click the little blinking people thing at the bottom of the screen. there are a couple tabs in there. I sent you a unit invite for our unit Heavy Metal Militia. it will be under notifications.
For now we are contracted with Jade Falcon for Community Warfare (CW).

Enjoy!

PDT_Armataz_01_42

Bron
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hmmm i may have to update this as well. get in and see whats changed. ive played the PeeWad out of Star Citizen's Current build. and my racing career there has hit a plateau. i just keep beating around my current numbers and cant seem to beat my current ranking.

what times are you guys usually online now days?
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I've been on most evenings, some weekends. Working on finished my shredded achievement. Just under a hundred more components.

PDT_Armataz_01_36
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Finally picked up 3 warhawks and I'm still leveling them up. Its something to do.

Workin on a new bot! see post
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Well, I got the NVIDIA Surround working, and finally got the HOTAS recognized in the game. Now to try tweaking dead zones, gain, and other variables...
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hmmm. i thinking from back in the day... i dont remember you ever talking about having a hot ass... im sure you wife knows. but, dosnt she care that you are sharing that with the guys? lol

on a more serious note. i havnt played MWO in quite awhile. but the few times i tried joystick, i could never seem to get it to work right. maybe they changed things?

i would like to get on and catch up with you some time. you have the teamspeak info?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

armored warfare :)
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I'm still playing old school style KB and mouse.

I'm thinking about dropping our unit and joining Beserkers (BSK), as they seem to be much more active.
I saw Slamhammer on yesterday, but we didn't talk or drop together. Otherwise none of my unit is on MWO at all.

Nothing personal, if I do switch over. I just like playing on a team versus pugging everything.

Cheers,

PDT_Armataz_01_41

Bron
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea im mouse and KB too when it comes to MWO. its weird because i was using joystick in MW3. i guess its because when MWO came out it didnt have very good Stick support. just got used to mousing it.

i understand if you join another Unit Bron. its sort of the same reasons i joined up with TEST squadron in star citizen.
i tried to jump back into MWO a few times. surprisingly i still do ok at it. its just for me it seems like its gotten taken over by asshats. every game i played there was some dead guy butt hurt because i didnt take the right mech and didnt go where he wanted me to. but, if you turn off voice, then its hard to track whats going on with the team most of the time. so not sure what to do about that.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

its all good Bron. not many of us are playing MWO any more.

myself i am playing War Thunder tanks and getting DCS world ready to go. i tried armored warfare for a bit, it is fun and people that like MWO should like it. but i miss the higher level of realism in war thunder.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

BSK (Beserkers) are on TS COMSTAR channel, look down for Berserkers (BSK), if you're interested in joining.
I actually have to wait until my present contract is up before I can join them officially (2 more days this date). The cool thing was, the only requirement for me to get an invite, other than playing a few drops, was answering yes to the question: Are you a founder?

So I have dropped like 10 CW matches with them so far, and we won every one of them, with ease. I'm doing well in excess of 1500 dmg and 4 - 8 kills. My 3rd and 4th mechs rarely see any action. 1st wave: Mad Dog (6LRM5s, 4ERMED w/ Module), Second wave: Warhawk, LRM50, 4medpulse w/module.
It really is fun playing with a disciplined group as opposed to a heard of cats in a PUG.
As a team, HMM did pretty good when there were a few of us together, but it's hard to beat a 12 man on coms with leadership skills!

I have still done a few PUGs a little here and there, since there is a challenge going on that pays pretty good.
Once the bot competition is done, I'll probably play even more.

Cheers!

Bron

:cheers: