MWO update?

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

MWO update?

Post by BlackHawk*K »

so i awake from 3 days of zombitude after dealing with some super flu virus to find that i now have to download 6 gig install base for MWO? anyone know wtf happened?
Hammer

Re: MWO update?

Post by Hammer »

you screwed up the game via feedback from your system so everyone has to re-download half of it.

well, really I only had to download 73.99MB.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

It looks like the HMM team has died.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

its pretty slim.

we did have a few good nights in MWO this week. but for myself, i just find it hard to play this game like i once did.

i will be on later tonight, im going to spend some time with my kids this weekend. so probably wont be on all that early though.

not just speaking to Bron, but EVERYONE here....
i dont think there would be any hard feelings if someone decided to leave the unit. and im sure they would be welcomed back at any point.
If something 'magical' happened and all of a sudden HMM went gang busters, you could always come back if you wanted to.

i know lack of activity can be frustrating, add lack of interest on top of that, it makes for a rather non-enjoyable experience.

at this point, i just play because there are some fun aspects to the game, but overall, MWO is not what i was hoping for when it first came out.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I see Bazooka on right now.

its all good, go play with n71 for a while. they are more active than we are, but even they do not have the same number of people on that they used to. I think the game has gone somewhat downhill, and the community warfare we all hoped would come did - but is disappointing (at least to me).

time to find another game?

we have been having some fun playing insurgency, but it also has frustrations.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

It has been some time since this post was replied to, so here's 2 cents worth:
There are a few more regular maps updates, and a new map, and one removed. There are a few CW maps, and they revamped the counter attack play. The Dropships will chew you up and spit you out if you spawn camp. All lasers have been changed to ERLarge, and they don't miss. PDT_Armataz_01_13

I have been playing PUGs PDT_Armataz_01_36 and CW PDT_Armataz_01_40 with and without my new Unit (BSK). I am still enjoying the game. I have just gotten to tier 2, and man, don't stand still! These guys are good :)

PDT_Armataz_01_41
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Yep it is getting updates. New maps hitting. New game play types and map improvements, and some threatened re-balancing of heat.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

New maps and new mechs and new weapons. I still routinely explode from overheating. Pew pew pew PDT_Armataz_01_41 (insert explosion icon here)