Battletech - new game

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Battletech - new game

Post by Hammer »

to be released April 2018, at least on Steam.

if you like turn based games it might be a good one. looks like it plays like original Battletech tabletop.
Helmut
Warcry

Re: Battletech - new game

Post by Warcry »

Yea I am getting that. It looks good.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Anyone got this yet? I'm curious to see how it plays. Solaris is now running in MWO. 1 on 1 duels! put all your armor in front!
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

got it, played sporadically so far due to time and work. I'm a founder so I have high hopes.....
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I bought it also. I like it but it's pretty time consuming. The missions take a long time because it's turn based.

The UI could use some improvements.
1. One left-click on "Barracks" to manage your Mechwarrior's Skills should have been enough. Right now, I have to left-click "Barracks" which brings up a "Mechwarriors" label on the right side. I have to left-click that to finally get to the Mechwarriors Skills.
2. Selling a mech has some unnecessary extra step as well. First you have to go to the "Mech Bay", put the Mech in Storage and then go to the Store to Sell it. They could've just done that automatically in the "Store".
3. In the "Refit/Repair" page, I wish they would get rid of the vertical scroll bar for the equipment and weapons and show them all at once.

I took some screenshots of the game and put it in google photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1ninT1W14hoDEdSK7
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

OK I just finished an interesting fight. I accepted a random contract to eliminate remnants of the Taurian Battalion from the 3rd Succession War. With no source for funds, they became common criminals. The Planetary Government has a contract out to eliminate the criminals.

My lance was dropped off in very rough terrain in a canyon with no way out. Orion 1 moved to some trees on the right wall for a little cover. Immediately, the pilot saw the first red blip but couldn't tell what mech it was. ORION 2 moved just beyond a small rock mound in the middle of the canyon and next to some trees to get a visual on the first mech. It's a Firestarter advancing along the right wall of the canyon. Then, a 2nd unknown blip shows up. ORION 2 targets the Firestarter and shoots 1 LRM15 and 1 LRM5. The rest of my lance, a SHADOWHAWK and a CENTURION advanced to the rock mound for cover and get their LRMs within range. The CENTURION hits the Firestarter with 2 LRM20s and knocks it down to the ground. The Shadowhawk doesn't let up and fires 1 LRM15, 1 LRM10 and 1 LRM5 at the fallen mech.

At this point, the 2nd enemy mech, a Commando, advanced to visual range and fires a PPC and hits ORION 2. ORION 2 takes cover behind the rock mound and initiates indirect fire which is possible because of ORION 1's LOS. The three mechs in my lance continue to fire LRMS at the Commando. Eventually knocking it down to the ground as well.

More blips showed up, advancing up the terrain. At one point, there were a total of 8 light to medium enemy mechs. Going toe-to-toe was not an option with some mechs armed with PPCs. My lance slowly retreated back up towards the drop point, slowly picking off the lead mechs with LRMs and using the terrain to our advantage. We reached the end of the line and there was no way out.

Luckily, there was another rock mound which provided better cover than the one at the start of the fight. And, there was a tree line at the end which was a good spot to get LOS and reduced damage.

Eventually, only one enemy mech remained, a Shadowhawk. When our CENTURION ran out of LRMs, the pilot advanced to execute a melee attack. Critical hit to the torso and the mech explodes.

MISSION SUCCESS...

I took screenshots. :) I shared it in the Google Pictures link above.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Wow, it looks really good. I wish it was real time.
Helmut
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It'd be difficult to play this real-time. There is too much going on. On some missions, enemies are coming from 3 different directions with over 5 objectives scattered on the map. I constantly have to pan the camera to other parts of the map.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I see it’s been out for a few years now - and they still want a nice price for it on Steam. I’ve played Mech Commander 1 n 2 several times - so I’d like to try it out when it goes on sale this holiday season. I also noticed that the Mechs look much like those used in MW5
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5