MW5 Mercs

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bronurstomp

MW5 Mercs

Post by Bronurstomp »

After the first dozen or two campaigns, I was starting to think this was too easy. But, now that I'm hitting the 270 ton missions, and level 56 with 3 missions to do before repairs, it's not so fricken easy anymore! You really have to manage your funds to get over 10 million Cbills. Once I hit that, I'm hanging around the 12 million mark, between buying mechs and weapons, travel, repairs, and maintainance, completing friendly missions barely grows my account.
The game itself crashed a few times, but that's cleared up. I may have just left too many things running between restarts on my PC. Like most games I've played, it doesn't seem to like to run with other things running. My PC is getting long in the tooth as well. This time, Solidworks is driving my upgrade decisions versus games being the deciding factor. MW5 runs just fine with max settings. But I'm about due for the next gen MB Mem Vid etc...

PDT_Armataz_01_41

Bron
Warcry

Re: MW5 Mercs

Post by Warcry »

What's the verdict Bron?
Bronurstomp

Re: MW5 Mercs

Post by Bronurstomp »

It's not terrible. I'm still playing when I have time to game. On solo play, as you get up to 300+ ton missions, it gets more difficult to keep good AI pilots alive. I think co-op could be fun with a few human teammates. If you like playing MW then you'll enjoy MW5. It's very easy to play, as it's not complicated. The percs in MWO made it worth the cost to me, and it's just different enough to make it a tough choice which one to play. If it ever goes completely PVP, it could easily replace MWO, but that doesn't seem to be PGI's plan atm.