Some MP2 mechs (link)

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

Some MP2 mechs (link)

Post by Tach Deneva »

http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php? ... &showall=1

Lotsa pics of MP2 mechs. No Phoenix Hawk (sigh) but the Grim Reaper makes for a good consolation prize.

http://www.mektek.net/forums/uploads/po ... 539245.jpg

And the peasants rejoiced. Yay.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

looks good so far, its too bad every time i install my stupid game it decides not to work,. im woundering do you need the clan and IS pack for these or just the MS patch 1 ? becuse i am begining to think it may have something to do with cdilla but im not sure. other then that the problem may be graphics? however the Gcard i got should handle anything mercs throws at it.
it is a DX9 card, but they are backwards compatable with DX8 games... so im just plain stumped :cry:
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Maybe there's something you need here:

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-mercs/downloads.html

Maybe the safecast repair doohickey?

TD
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

are you talking about hte ones for both the IS and Clan packs?

yea i used to have such a hard time finding those i got them on CD now :) unfortunatly that dosnt help. the only thing those seem to do was give access to the IS and Clan mechs in the packs. but never seemed to prevent the game working right.

the strangest thing is, i can get it to work fine. maybe even for 2 days in a row or more, but then all of a sudden it just quits working. the start screen loads then i get errors. hell even the errors are not consistant.

Thats whats so hair pulling frustrating about the whole deal.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

usualy i get my DX directly from microsoft website. i think the last major one was 9.0 b? i will have to look and see if there is a c one out yet heheh
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

the problem i have with MW atm is that i can install and run it fine in SP, but when it comes to MP i can get to the server list, but can't join any...weird.....i suspect it may be a router setup thing, but it's strange as there are plenty of other MP games i can play fine.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

was it you moose who was using the cordless router? we have one and when i put my puter on it it wouldnt work either, the same you discribed.

i finaly put my puter on a network hub and then hooked the cordless router up to that so i can sneak in behind it. while the wife is on the cordless router and is limited in playing mechwarrior 4 ( and fortunate for her she dosnt lol)
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

i've actually done something similar myself recently. My PC is now plugged into the wireless router via a usb cable (My sister is on the wireless connection still). I'll admit i haven't tried MW since having it set this way. The problem is, i hear stories about having to set IP's outside routers and all sorts. Me being totally useless technically (not just with computers.....i'd electrocute myself trying to charge a battery....maybe licking them isn't a good idea!!) i get a bit worried that i'd mess the whole thing up, and if that happens, then i'll get beaten to death by various family members!!
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

well, i've had a seriously demoralising time trying to get MW working....all the patches etc are just too much!! I think i'll keep on praying for MW5
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea i have to agree with ya on the patches and stuff Moose.

im not knocking meketek's work, personaly i think they should of kicked out the mw4 devs and hired those boys, you know what i mean, ppl who actualy cared about the game and expandibility. i think good ol M$ put the screwbosh on it realy bad this time, the slightest thing makes it unoberable. you would think, since they have all the codes for evertying MS related, mw4 would work better then other games, i just cant get over how delicate is can be.

i realy do miss meching around. now with wizkids in control im actualy afraid of what might be produced this time around.

IMO, the very least MS could do is produce mechassualt for PC and lets us give that a try.... but then again, how long did it take for them to make Halo for PC after Xbox got it? a year or two? and that was with a game that was supposed to come out to PC FIRST. i simply blame Xbox :P
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

good idea mate , let's all blame Xbox......to be fair, it's probably the right thing to do....Initially, it was meant to be M$'s cash cow, so they ploughed all their efforts into it, i.e. Halo on Xbox first. Then of course, it flopped, so now they need to spend even more money on it trying to make it a success. One would have thought they'd have cut their losses. Realstically, IMO, rather than trying to break into the console market, where Sony and Nintendo had, and still do have, a stranglehold, M$ would have been better further developing there PC options, whether that be in games, OS's etc. But hey, I'm not in charge over there :)
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

But hey, I'm not in charge over there

hmmm Moose Gates, :o now THATS a scary thought LOL
Falker

Post by Falker »

That looks pretty real. It almost looks like MW - 6 !.... :o

We're in the pipe , five by five.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

"MP2 comes out next weekend." posted on the Mektek boards, October 3rd 2004, by Jehosephat2k.

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

151-Bullseye wrote:It came from Jeho take it with a pinch of salt ;)
Heh. Yah. Just like the disturbingly common misuse of the word 'soon' in regard to the release of MP2. According to most reputable dictionaries, 'soon' does not mean 'sometime before the heat death of the Universe.'

8)

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Jeho posted the following on the MekTek forums:

"Just letting everyone know that the patches are done and ready to go. We are waiting for our webguys to get the mirrors setup and everything else that needs to be done in preparation for the onslaught."

So maybe 'soon' finally actually means, ya know, like, 'soon', or something.

TD

ps: Grim Reaper! Woot!