NBT-HC

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Firemane

Post by Firemane »

Too funny, Tach!
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

HCB3 now available. Works with MP2.1a *only*.

http://www.netbattletech.com/download/gameclients/

For changes, see:

http://www.netbattletech.com/download/g ... nts/NBT-HC Changelog.pdf

Stock 'Mechs not yet included.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

151-Bullseye wrote:*Cough* I get to be on the Beta Focus team :D
*Ah-Choo!* Me too. 8)

TD
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

Aw, Bull don't take it so bad mate. You've always been 'special needs' to me :P
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Thar she blows!

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-hardcore/

Due to major burn-out on MW4 in all its iterations, I haven't been keeping up with the NBT HC stuff or Mektek, but I do know the HC crew has already added some new mechs. Personally, I'm not playing again until they put in a MechDonald's with a convenient Drive-Thru. YMMV.

:gulp:

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Falker

Post by Falker »

I was asking for a Mc Donald’s way back when Tech. :P

When I was still playing online with the usual group in the Big City Map that is. . I started to play MW again a few weeks ago and found that the M$ patch screws me up. Well,.. I think that’s what I narrowed it down too after installing it and removing it 4 to 5 times or so trying to get it to Cooperate . And wouldn’t it be just like M$ to do something like that so you’ll go out and buy an X-Box and play MW there instead.

They have a few hosted games that are Not running the patch. I joined one of them and found and old friend of mine I haven’t seen in 6 years , since we played in Clan Snow Ravens On GC in Kali. It was a Trippy thing to see and chat with him . : ) Anyways that was the only time I got on-line to play MW. After I installed the patch , it all went bad.

It might be my old computer tho. That thing is infesting with so much crap and pop up’s that it’s not working right. I added a new black case to it tho and am using it as an second computer. That way I can still DL crap off the internet and then transfer it to my new computer after it’s checked out first , ya know :) I have it hooked up to my TV for now tho. Heh , It’s all blurry. I got to find a better way to view it’s desk top so I can see what I’m doing .

I was going to reinstall MW on my new computer setup as soon as I got one. But now that I got one , I’m just Being Lazy about that. I’m really involved in Nexus right now. But Hey ! .... K.I.T. .... Cheers to you bro :gulp:

Oh yeah , that link gets me to a Password Page. What’s up with that :roll:
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Falker wrote:Oh yeah , that link gets me to a Password Page. What’s up with that :roll:
Hmm, dunno - I thought anyone could look at the HC forum stuff, and that ya only needed to sign up if ya wanted to post. Guess I was mistakenatified.

Try this:

http://www.clashofsteel.net/scanner/ima ... er_001.jpg

TD
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

latest update on this?

looks interesting...
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

As far as I know it's supposed to go 'live' on April 1st, and all the NBT servers will be NBT-HC servers. Yes, Mr Crick, even Sunder. He he.

I haven't played HC for a while, but I check the forums every now and again. I do know they've already added a bunch of new mechs, including the Archer, Men Shen, Sha Yu, Mist Lynx, among others. The betas are up to HCB18 or something like that. I believe they've added an 'auto-updater' program, too.

Anyway, I'm gonna get the latest beta later today and check it out.

No idea on the status of MP3, but again as far as I know MP3 and HC can exist together - as it is now, you can fire up MP2.1a or HC depending on which shortcut ya click.

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

DP says:

"NBT-HardCore Public Announcement – 03/18/2005

"The time has come for an update on the status of the HardCore project, both the client and the league situation. As you are aware, April 1st is rapidly approaching, and many are wondering about Unit Applications, access and setup. This announcement will provide an update to these matters and give you a better idea of where the league stands at present.

"HC Client – The HC Development Teams feel the HC Client is proceeding quite well, and on schedule for an April “release”. There are still many balance issues to be worked out of course, as well as a wealth of additional testing that is needed. Many of these issues will not be able to be fully addressed until more actual league data is provided, either through the course of the PLT or actual live league drops. Once the NBT-HC league goes live, additional modifications will be made as needed during the course of the league, providing they are necessary.

"The HC Teams hope to be able to add in another 4-5 ‘Mechs before the HC Client reaches HC1.0, as well as finishing up a number of outstanding issues regarding balance and the like. Further development will be made after release to address issues brought up after full live play has begun.

"HC League – The development concepts on the new league are complete and ready to go into production. The new league economy is just about mapped out, along with all startup numbers and unit abilities.

"Production / coding of these concepts is a little behind schedule at present. Between real life issues and the amount of coding necessary to implement the changes to the league, the new automation coding options, while on their way to completion, will not be done at the same time as the HC Client.

"As such, we will need to move back the start date for the new NBT-HC league. We will be moving it back by a 30 day period, namely to May 1st, 2005. This will give the League Coders ample time to finish up the coding on the league concepts coming into play. This also enables additional PLT data to be accumulated for the HC Client, and balance issues to be addressed based on that testing.

"Unit Applications – Our plan is to open up Unit Applications no later than April 1st, 2005, possibly sooner. Unit placements will not begin until later in April, but the initial application process will let NBT Administration know who is interested in which units, and where there may be conflicts with multiple units interested in the same slot. NBT Administration reserves the right to the final determination as to who holds any slot in NBT. Once Unit Placements actually begin, units will gain access to their Unit Automation and Setups, and may begin choosing the resources that they will play with in the NBT-HC league.

"Server Situation – This is the other primary reason for the launch delay. Until the NBT server situation is resolved, and the 5 dual-boxes brought back online, we do not feel comfortable launching the new league, as the current 7 game servers are not enough to maintain a full active league. We are hoping that HomeLAN follows through on their intention to bring the servers up before April 1st, but it would be foolhardy to launch the league until they are fully online and ready to go. We are still looking into additional options for sponsorship of the NBT league and servers, though nothing solid is in the works at this time.

"That’s the overview of the current situation. We wholeheartedly thank you for your continued support and patience as we develop this new league for those who choose to play within it. Once the pieces are brought into place to support the new league (Client, Automation, Servers), NBT-HC will launch and be ready to go. Until then, we will continue with NBT-Mercs at Semi-Active status, and with the PLT as an option for play by all NBT-Mercs units.

"Again, thank you and may you continue to enjoy NBT in the future." -- Dark Phoenix

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

If anyone's still interested, HC version 1.0 has been released.

http://www.netbattletech.com/hpguplink/ ... .php?t=183

I'm still too burnt out on MW4 to care... OTOH, I haven't uninstalled it yet.

TD
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, i played that one time you and me dropped in a coop together to test that - and that is about it. i still have the desire occasionally, but i like IL2/PF, Falcon, HD2, and OFP more...

hmmm...there is an idea - a MW or Macross mod for OFP.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

hmmm...there is an idea - a MW or Macross mod for OFP
Uhhh. . . .Ohhhhh . . . . :lol:
Mind you, it might just work, if you could sort something that would work.