EVE online

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

EVE online

Post by Hammer »

anyone ever try it? i see an add on gamershell.com for a free 14 day trial...
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

no but i looked at it. might be worth another look though. since there is a free trial ;)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

seems like a privateer, but in an mmorpg format.

if folks do seem interested, we should do the trial together. probably easier to succeed as a group.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i didnt see the free 14 day trial on the home page. but i doubt i would be able to do a pay to play game right at this time.
one thing i seen on the review, was that one of the qualities of the game is the complexity. so im woundering what the learning curve would be till you get all the details down. when i get to the point to do a pay to play again though, i may look at this one more closely.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I don't see any Mon Calamari Cruiser listed on the site tho DOH PDT_Armataz_01_12
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:I don't see any Mon Calamari Cruiser listed on the site tho DOH PDT_Armataz_01_12
Bah! Super Star Destroyer owns the Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Web Page Name
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Figured you would be after one of
these actuality PanzerMeyer considering your little pic.

and yes the super star destroyer is relay nice and all, but remember all you had to do is knock out a shield generator and put, I believe, a A-wing into the bridge and they fall out of the sky, usually running into your shiny new death star in the process.

and the Mon Calamari Cruiser just look more sporty PDT_Armataz_01_12
Falker

Post by Falker »

Lol Veg , THIS is the baddest mo fo space battle cruiser around.
Last edited by Falker on 22 Jan 2007, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Back on topic ,

It’s too bad there’s not a single player campaign so I could test it out and get the hang of it first. It’s been looking rather nice for several months now that HomeWorld is so old , and I could use another Space Battle Fix. I believe the trial has been out for about a year now , the only reason I never downloaded it to try out is because I didn’t want to get hooked on the dang game and start shelling out cash for it every month , Heh . But yeah, it’s still looking sweet.

What I’d need is a beginners introduction to the game so I can play it long enough to make it interesting. I’ll bet there’s plenty of people out there that can smoke you in no time nowadays considering that they’ve been playing it all this time. I also wonder if there are any cheats or hack patches available that will give your opponent the extra advantage. It could be disappointing if you go through all the trouble to figure out the game and then find out your being cheated. I dunno, I guess that’s why Id like a single player demo to try it out first. Otherwise Id never know if it’s a fair space battle or not. One way to tell is to get a taste of what the game has to offer by trying out the 14 day trial. Or know someone who has played it.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

from what little i read, you do the training while in the first stages of the game, and while your at a lower level, other players are not allowed to attack you. one of the hints they gave for getting started is doing some mineing to get some cash up and first thing is sell the bigginer ship, becuse i guess its totaly a POS hehe. im not sure how long you stay under protection though, but perhaps long enough ot find a unit to attach yourself to or one to take mercie on you and take you under their wing.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that is why i think approaching it as a group would work well...

the issue is if we like it does everyone want to pay to play after the trial is over...??? i generally abhor pay to play stuff.
Helmut
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

played it....it's good...very good, assuming you have the time to put into it. Far more than any other MMORPG or however you want to categorise this, it is a timesink - there's no real way around it. I had to give it up because although i was making progress, it was taking a while, and there wasn't enough of an instant hook for me. That said, kitting out my frigate, and going pirate hunting was pretty cool :)
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]