Screenshots and video (Sins of a Solar Empire)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Screenshots and video (Sins of a Solar Empire)

Post by Softball »

Here are some screenshots I took, and a small video clip of Veg and I taking out the Pirate base.

This game is very addicting. I can see a Star Wars mod being done with this game engine. It would work very well. The game is very slow paced at first, but gets busy mid to end game as technology gets upgraded and planets get colonized. There is little to no micro-management, units will attack on their own if provoked. I'll try and get some more video of ship to ship battles, it's entertaining to watch.

VIDEO

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

That the one we blew up on sunday in the video if so we still need to whoop the red guy (yes they ware read shirts to and one is names ensen Ricky).
Softball

Post by Softball »

No, it was from a mission earlier. Yes, we need to finish that mission, sometime this week. It is Valentine's Day Thursday, so I'm not sure if I will be on that night.

And I need to resize those screenshots, I didn't realize they were so big. Meh.

EDIT: Images resized.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

um only reason you should be on Thursday is if your wife is on gaming with you lol. Else I am sure dinner roses chocolat and something from Jared so she can brag you went to Jared lol.
Last edited by VEGETA on 12 Feb 2008, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

What's a chockolet? lol
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

a spelling error
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

To me they are making what I consider a classic mistake. Why is it ships especially capital ships seem to only attack one target at a time and only equipped with one pulse laser or a one bank of missles. I saw that in HW2 and now I think I see it in this game. You would think the capital ships would beable to attack multiple targets plus a huge barrage of anti-aircraft batter would be all over the place. Now the smaller ships like the corvettes and the frigates yes they would only beable to concentrate on one target at a time but they would be fighting in pairs and groups. What do you guys think about this???

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Post by Softball »

DA,

That video is not a very good representation of what combat is like. That video shows us using our planetary weapons to destroy the Pirate's stronghold. The capital ships have numerous weapons, like beam weapons, pulse wave weapons, missile weapons, and fighter/bomber craft. There are 3 classes of ships in the game: frigates, cruisers, and capital ships. There are 6 different frigate sub-classes, 5 different cruiser sub-classes, and 5 different capital ship sub-classes. That's over 16 different types of ships in the game, and each race has various weapons and ship upgrades. I have seen as many as 4 different attack types from a single capital ship, and not all ships fire at any single target unless you tell them to. The AI will think on it's own and fire when and where it's appropriate if you do not intervene.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

also capatable ships have weapons on 3 or 4 sides, so fore, aft let and right side, and they can be completely diffrent. The TEC carrior main weapons on the side so will turn to engage its primary target with its side, while the Battleship weapons are facing forward. but weapons that can't engage the main target will pick out targets of opportunity, I have seen my battleship shooting at 4 diffrent targets. Now all smaller ships usualy have very specific guns, and are made for very specific tasks so a fla ship for example takes on fighters but has guns still facing several directions while the TEC Kodic Heavy cruiser has al guns forward facing so can engage one target at a time, but man a bunch of those toys together rip things up, great support for capital ships.

Also the enemy AI also will even concentrate fire, had 8 capital ships and unknown numbers of smaller stuff and seen the pirated pick out a lower level Battleship of mine and I would say 50% of them concentrated on it, took the armer down to 100 from 30000 + not including the extra shelds before it could retreate
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Wow, ok now I'm really really liking this game. I will get it hopefully thursday.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

At this rate I can see a massive 5 of us vs 5 ai game or something going on lol. tho then we may want to do double resorcess so its finifhed in under a day or 2 lol.