X3 reunion/ Terran Conflict

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

X3 reunion/ Terran Conflict

Post by daofcmacg »

Well I have X2 the threat and never really played it but I am seeing X3 and thinking about downloading it from gamestop (my mother-in-law gave me a gift card for christmas). What do you guys think about this? I'm still not sure if this MP but it is a much better version of alot of the first person space games out there. Open ended with the capability to amass your own fleet from Battle Carriers to scout ships. Also there is an expansion pack for X3 Reunion and the terran conflict brings them back to earth.

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/info_en.php

Check out the some screenshots

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/screens ... hp?start=0

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Post by Softball »

I got X3 for free with one of my video card purchases, never installed it. I played X2 for a bit, but it slowly got boring. I felt like Fed Ex in space with lasers. Go here, deliver this, go there, pick up that, fight off pirates, get paid, do it all over again. If I ever get the free time, I may install X3 just to check it out.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I think it stepped up a little, yeah thats what turned me off when I purchased X2, but X3 is suppose to be more competitive and also give you more options with your fleet. Check out the Wiki on X3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3_Reunion . Plus there is an free expansion that changes the complexion of the X Universe. FedEx in space huh.

OK Steam has X3 Reunion and X3 Terran Conflict basically buy one at $39.99 get one free but does Valve's Steam online download only allow three installs and other restrictions that all you guys hate or is it pretty much a good download purchase?
DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Well I finally bought X3 the reunion and I must say that if this game had multiplayer support I would have to call it the space game of the century. Its amazing what they did in a year's time rebuilding from scratch then committing themselves to its evolution with Ver. 2.5 and now 3.x. Again I hope they added multiplayer support in terran conflict (I doubt it) but if not this is a high quality game that deserves the lan/internet aspect to make it complete.

DA
Falker

Post by Falker »

Eh?
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Falker

Post by Falker »

I will look into it. Thanks for the post. I’ve actually run out of game to play. Sniff....
We're in the pipe , five by five.