Sins Star Trek Mod

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Sins Star Trek Mod

Post by Softball »

Ghost introduced me to this mod. I just wanted to pass it on to everyone else that has Sins. I am going to DL this and check it out and see if it will work in MP.

Here is the link to DL the mod: LINK

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If it works in MP I am definitely interested in playing it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

I don't know if it will work on Ironclad servers, but I was able to do a MP skirmish vs one computer. The only hang up with the mod is that it's only the Federation and Klingon races, but they did a pretty good job reworking the units, voices, UI, etc..

However, I'm still on the fence about the game balance. I had a fleet of 10-12 Klingon ships(small to Medium) vs 3 Cardassian NPCs that were guarding a planet; they wiped out my entire fleet. *shrug* I did not have any weapon or shield upgrades (but maybe they did? ), but that seemed a bit unbalanced to me.

There are a few things I like about the mod; such as the phasers and photon torpedoes. Very cool IMO. I'd say at least DL it and give it a try.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

All planets have heavy Cardassian Cruiser ships so you will need more then the weak Frigates to attack them. Also starbases fully upgrade have 46,000 hp and 26,000 shields. The cost is 11,000 each time you up grade. I think there is 4 or 5 upgrades to get to that level. I have been playing it and love this mod.
[img]http://www.xtremeconceptswebdesign.com/Image/ghost1.jpg[/img]
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok so the version we are running they called a failure now doh. Loads of issues as we have seen. they have a new version for only origional sins and are comming with new version for entrapment. And this is suppose to be stable so hey going for new version for origional sins for now.