Sins expansion

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Sins expansion

Post by VEGETA »

well micro expansion.

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

So another mini expansion as before. tho been a long while . Figured let the troops know

Note you want Diplomacy, the trinity is just a pack with everything in it.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Would be nice if we could ever play Sins again!
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am game for sins. PDT_Armataz_01_12 trick is getitng people to sit down for a few hrs lol
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Well, I'm free every night this week so let me know when you want to play a game. Jedi Master should be available as well.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

weekends usually the best for me.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, Im a little preoccupied with STO right now, and with AvP and Supreme Commander 2 just around the corner, I think I'll wait on getting this expansion.

If I can find the time to break away from STO, I'll join in a Sins game (minus the expansion of course).

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Softball wrote:Well, Im a little preoccupied with STO right now, and with AvP and Supreme Commander 2 just around the corner, I think I'll wait on getting this expansion.

If I can find the time to break away from STO, I'll join in a Sins game (minus the expansion of course).
its a min expansion man, 10$. Hell I should buy it for you for getting me the del toco thing lol
Softball

Post by Softball »

I think you missed this part: Well, Im a little preoccupied with STO right now

:D

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Softball wrote:I think you missed this part: Well, Im a little preoccupied with STO right now

look who you are talking to, I have a tear 3 ship now lol PDT_Armataz_01_12

but lets face it a diffrent game on the odd ocasion is fun
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:
Softball wrote:I think you missed this part: Well, Im a little preoccupied with STO right now

look who you are talking to, I have a tear 3 ship now lol PDT_Armataz_01_12

but lets face it a diffrent game on the odd ocasion is fun
According to XFire, you've spent 39 hours on STO in the past 7 days. I've NEVER played any one game that much in a one week period! LOL
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

the weekend I did a lot lol

Sut ya say it toook me 39 hr's to get to level 21. Gives you a great idea how much you can do in this game. I got games I payed 50$ for that get maybe 20 hr's total into them lol.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

do the two compare at all? or is Sins too much like a RTS and STO too much like a RPG to compare?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

not even a close comparisum. Sins is a pure RTS game. You control sometimes hundreads of ships and duzzens of planets. Also space combat is diffrent, think more starwars where its battleships with smaller weapons and brod sides idea.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Well Veg, I should be available this Friday and Sunday for Sins.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i wish there was a game like that - star wars type space combat with the mechanics of the STO game. i do not think Star Wars Galaxies was similar, right? and it does not seem it was a very good game? i do not hear much about it any more.
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

As I understand it, Star Wars Galaxies was popular until SOE released the 'New Game Enhancement' update (NGE) which dumbed down the game and altered gameplay so radically that mass quantities of players said "Bleep this!" and quit. To this day the NGE is regarded as the single most heinous example of game developers being complete and utter idiots when it comes to understanding what the players want.

"We've learned a thing or two with our experiences with the NGE and don't plan on repeating mistakes from the past and not listening to the players."
—John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment

From SWG wikipedia entry:

'Subscriber numbers were originally expected to exceed 1,000,000. In August 2005, SOE reported that they had sold 1,000,000 boxed copies of the game. In early 2006, unconfirmed reports showed that only 10,363 subscribers were playing on a particular Friday night, but Smedley denied that subscriptions had fallen this low.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxies
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple