Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Falker939 »

I picked this one up today because it has 99% positive views and a 9/10 IGN rating. Plus the game looks really cool - it was on sale during the Holiday weekend – And... I’m a Star Wars fan from the 1980’s . Que: The Imperial March Theme! There were only a few people who didn’t care for it because you will need to install Origin to play it for free on Steam with no monthly fee. I loaded it up and it works fine with no issues.

Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Falker939

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Falker939 »

Check Out The Trailer

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It's a fantastic game which perfectly captures the SW atmosphere. The only downside is that the jump puzzles can be annoyingly difficult at times. I'd say close to 50% of my deaths in the game were due to falling.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Yes it’s a little different than Jedi Knight Outcast with the training session before you actually get to play the game. This one involves jumping and climbing very often where you only get about 10 lives before it restarts and you have to go back to the beginning. I fell several times trying to get a grip on the wall after swinging over - But if it was that easy without a little challenge to qualify for the next round, then some gamers might fall asleep. You Know… Not just anyone can yield a lightsaber unless your watching the Disney Channel.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Looks like I’m about to catch a ride into outer space- bring on the bad guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Falker939 on 12 Aug 2022, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Well now the game has me running and jumping on walls which exactly the same reason I put Titanfall 2 on hold, because I spent most of my time running an obstacle course instead of playing the game, so I can only hope this won’t constantly continue throughout the game in Jedi Fallen Order or I may get tired of it sooner than later and lose interest. . What’s more is I don’t care for Cal’s first light saber strike because he spins around and ends up facing away from his opponent, then gets hit from behind... so I will need to see if I can change this somehow , or I will always need to push another alternative strike key first. Other than that I would really like to change Cal’s character because who wants to be a red headed ginger Jedi Knight with freckles… But unfortunately it appears that No, you cannot change Cal’s appearance or any other character's appearance in Star Wars Fallen Order. Cal has his own style , he chooses what he wants to wear and the story is entirely his.

Update:

I’m getting a little frustrated with Cal’s lightsaber technique. It so clumsy and awkward trying to hit and back away from the stormtroopers or alien creatures. Because Cal doesn’t walk backwards , he turns around and gets hit from behind all the time. Or if I perform a saber strike and keep swinging , Cal gets hit from the front and the sides. Although there is the slide mechanics Cal can use while in combat , but it’s hard to achieve while playing with a Keyboard and mouse because - playing with a Keyboard and mouse is brutal, it's a much easier to play Jedi Fallen Order with a game controller. What’s more - slide mechanics have never been used before in any other Jedi Game or have ever existed in the history of the Jedi Order - so why start now?

One Review Says :
The combat absolutely sucks until you’re around 70% In to the game and have unlocked enough that it doesn’t feel clunky. No one tells you that. I kept asking why this game is so critically acclaimed, because until you’ve got most of the basic moves unlocked it doesn’t flow at all.

Also: Why can’t Cal pick up any other weapons?? Like - So Cal kills a stormtrooper, but is not able to pick up a Blaster off the ground ,and there are several occasions it would have been so much better and easier if Cal has a Blaster in his hands.

That’s all for now - I will see if I can make my way through this game a little more - if only I can get the gist Cal’s gawky lightsaber tactics. We’ll see – maybe I will start playing Halo again , but first I would like to see where Cal’s story is going .

Playing on Desktop - I here you could also use a PS4 controller on your steam games if you want to. All you need is to have the controller and a micro-USB cable to connect the controller to your PC.

I also have a PS4 with a controller that would be better suited for this game. One web site says - Yes, you can play steam games on PS4 if you have a Steam account and a fast, stable internet connection.
Last edited by Falker939 on 06 Jul 2022, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

One surprise I found in the Jedi Temple was Jedi Master Eno Cordova, who was also known as Master Bra'tac in the Stargate SG-1 series.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I usually look up the voice cast talent for games that I'm playing and I noticed that one as well! It was nice that they got Forrest Whitaker to reprise his role from "Rogue One".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Welcome to RLG George.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

George was a spammer. They post something that seems appropriate, usually in an old thread, to see if they are noticed. These are humans, waiting their chance to see if they get away with a single post. Then sometime in the future, they blast away with a ton of spam posts. Before you reply or encourage these "new" members, look at the context of the post, whether they copied another post, and how long ago the last post in the thread was. If at all questionable, it probably is. You can always report the post.
Helmut
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Hey George! Aww Man He’s Gone!
Last edited by Falker939 on 09 Feb 2023, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

change password - upper right on the toolbar you see your username with a pull-down menu. go to profile, then edit profile next to your username, then edit account settings. there you will find the typical new password fields (you have to enter it twice). pay attention to the password rules there. it is a good idea to write the new one down first, then type it as you have written it.
Helmut
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Roger - Thanks for the help