FS2 setup

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i hit a snag on creating the ISOs.. for some reason my fireburner wrote them but when i put them it it reads as audio CD and to be honest. its not my kind of music either :shock: so soon as i can get a good ISO writing software installed will try again.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Nero 6.x works for writing ISOs, try that.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you probably need to tell it that it is a data image...

you can also try daemon tools...
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

When I tried to burn the CDs, it flopped for me too. However, Nero's disc image (or whatever it's called) that took the ISO and mapped it to a virtual CD drive worked just fine.
The Jedi Master
Gator

Post by Gator »

This time it works. Got it installed according to the new instructions. However, I really don't like flying it with my HOTAS ... and my gamepad is going south. I'll have to see if I have anything that feels right. Any suggestions?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Shrug I use my Microsoft sidewinder precision pro...You might try changing the flight controls, x and y axis etc, to fly more like a plane.

I'm enjoying it. Be careful about your saves though. Pain in the Ass if you shut it down wrong and it thinks you failed the mission...just goes to the next one...really pissed me off this morning when I was going to retry a mission to find it had skipped ahead. blah.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

as for joysticks i realy like the MS precision pro too. but for some reason the last 3 sticks ive gotten ( 1 precision pro and 2 precisoin pro 2s ) the buttons wear out realy fast. ( too much mechy i guess ) so now im usen a logitech extreme 3d pro. seems like a good smooth stick so far.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Ummm - HOTAS. :D
Helmut