Battlestar Galactica FS2 Mod in the works

Post by Softball »

Check out the info and progress here:

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

Some Screenshots:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

This looks amazing so far, I hope they can pull it off.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Sweet, it's the NEW BSG!

You know, I think I mentioned this to Panzer and Grifter the other night--that they're really missing out by not making a BSG space sim.

I'm skeptical about SG-1 with Richard Dean Anderson more or less off the show and replaced by the duo of Beau Bridges and Ben Browder--they're fine actors and all, I'm just not positive the change to the formula that worked for 8 previous seasons (aside from one season when Shanks "Jackson" was replaced by Corin Nemec) can keep the momentum up.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

there is a BSG Starshatter mod as well...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I want the old school Battlestar Galactica ships! Those looked better, especially the 3-man Cylon fighters.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Really? I think the new ships are loads better. The old Cylon ship looked like a shoulder pad and the base ship looked like two coolie hats stuck together.
There are 2 kinds of Vipers in the new show, one looking pretty much the same as the old one and a "next gen" Viper that rocks.
The BSG itself pulls its landing bays into itself for jumps, then extends them again.

Just because it was first doesn't make it better.
The Jedi Master
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

So when is this happen and what in the hell do I have to buy to get this mod up and running.
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Post by Softball »

The mod is not finished yet DA. You will need a copy of Freespace 2 to run it when it's available. I know I will be flying this when it's released.

Here's a couple videos to wet your appetite:

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/staff_im ... SG_AAA.avi

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/attach ... 1131041758

And you don't need to buy Freespace 2, you can DL it for free. Read this thread:

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Everywhere I turn evil evil "V" thwarts me, save me someone who is my friend make me someone's friend and send me a copy of the game. I will pay for shipping. SAVE ME LORD SAVE ME FROM THE EVIL warlords and there evil software license and EULA agreements. :cry: :x :evil: :!: .

These words do not reflect the views and opinions of CMACG WOF and RLGAMING. These are the views and opinions of a nut and do not take them seriously unless you have a copy of FS2. :lol: :P :lol:

Thank you and goodnight
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

I have never played FreeSpace before, but after reading this thread I decided to go get it since it was a free download.

It reminds me a lot of Xwing vs Tie and the on going story was very interesting. I think I'll be checking it out more this weekend.

Can someone shed some light on FS Open Source Project? I went to their site, but really couldn't tell what was going on with it. Is it just a mod?
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

RevRaz where did you get it from????? :shock: :evil: :cry:

DA
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Softball

BSG Freespace 2 mod

Post by Softball »

I posted this in the Misc Air Combat forum for some reason...but here ya go...

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/Video/BSG_Mod_Teaser.wmv

Ohhhhhhh yeeaaaaaaaa baby!!

Falker

Post by Falker »

Thanks for sharing : )

This game is based on Mod from Free Space 2 ? Just asking , because I tore it up on Free Space 1 and 2. Nice games , they were ahead of their time back in the day and it was a blast to hyperspace into a hot spot or drop down on them Base Ships and look for the sweet spot while your wing men are covering your six. That , It was one of the only games out there where I’ve had chance to use my old CH Game Stick and glide through space while shooting at the bad guys.

From viewing the demo , It looks like they might have spruced up the graphics a bit ? Looks nice. Hopefully when the game comes out it will have a similar key configuration to that of FS2 and I’ll get a chance to tear it up once again. Is there a new site for it ? Because the old site from the original post is under construction.

Falker
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes it is...

there is also a B5 mod for Freespace 2 Open...
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

From what I have read, it's going to be a FREE stand alone release. IE, they are going to release the mod with the FS2 required files included, so no need to have FS2 or have it installed. Great news IMO.

Falker

Post by Falker »

Oh there’s a Babylon 5 Mod for Free Space 2 ? That might be cool. I’ve played the Babylon 5 mod and the Star Wars mod for the HomeWorld game. . They were ok.

I was thinking about trying out the latest Star Wars Battle Front 2 , but the graphics look a little cheesy with apparently no realistic detail on the space ships or simulated space battles. I’d like to fell like I’m to getting my moneys worth and I guess I’m a little skeptical after buying Star Wars Battle Font 1. BF. 1 was all of the above and mostly set up for online playing so I was little disappointed with that. I like single player mission too.

IGN has a few screen shots of BF2 here ~~>
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/737/737697/imgs_5.html

yep , cheesy .. : )

I still have my FreeSpace 2 game on 2 cd’s. Been a long time. I’ll keep an eye on this thread for further updates about the Mod . I’m also looking forward to next weeks season finally on the SciFi channel. Oh Yeah , Should be good !

Thanks
Softball

Post by Softball »

*BUMP*

There is a Demo out for the FS2 BSG Mod, called "Beyond the Red Line".

You can get it from here:
http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/downloads.html

You can apparently make your own missions or fly MP. There are 3 flyable ships in the Demo, the Viper Mk II, Viper Mk VII and Raptor in the demo.

Here are some screenshots I took tonight:
PIC 1
PIC 2
PIC 3
PIC 4
PIC 5
PIC 6
PIC 7
PIC 8
PIC 9
PIC 10

I'm really looking forward to the full version of this. I am "VERY" impressed with the demo so far.

Softball

Post by Softball »

Nobody is interested in this? I'm really surprised.

And I thought you were all Sci Fi BSG geeks. :)

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it is easter, i am betting most folks did not look at the forums...

i installed it and did the first training misson, but i have a joystick issue and need to figure that out. looks really good though. i do not at all like the sarcastic/negative tone of the briefings, etc. they could have done that a bit better. is that how the show is?
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Ah yes, Easter. I sometimes lose track of time, forgot I posted about it at like 2am. Lol! I guess I was over zealous about it and was expecting quick responses. ;)

"is that how the show is?"
Yea somewhat, the pilots are a bit cocky with the rookies in the show. The game does seem a little condescending towards you.