Arma 3 Release Date: September 12th, 2013.

ArmA 3 discussion topics, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Arma 3 Release Date: September 12th, 2013.

Post by Softball »

Looks like they have announced an official release date of September 12th, 2013.

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/ne ... ptember-12

I've been playing through the Alpha and the Beta, and I am pretty impressed so far. The AI seemed a little on the "too accurate" side at first, but I have been adjusting the AI difficulty slider to try and find the sweet spot. The default setting for Novice AI is 0.55, which seemed to be a bit too much. Right now, I am running the AI on Novice at 0.35 and it seems pretty good.

There is also a new feature called the Steam Workshop, where can DL community made missions from within the game. Pretty cool. I have Dled about 5-6 missions so far, some stealth type missions, helicopter attack, and ambush convoy missions.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Re: Arma 3 Release Date: September 12th, 2013.

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I've had this as well since it was alpha. Looking forward to when SimHQ switches over to ArmA 3 for Military Mondays.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I have it as well. Looks like we should start planning to play :)

Do Hammer and Jedi or any others have it as well?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hudson wrote:I have it as well. Looks like we should start planning to play :)

Do Hammer and Jedi or any others have it as well?
Jedi has it. Yeah, I definitely would want to play this with the RLG group. Will it actually happen though? Hmmm...
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

well if its just the three of us i doubt it will be terribly exciting but if hammer, softball(, and more?) show up it would be fun. Or I could just try to join you guys on simhq. I've been flying on enos server a bit lately and they seem like fine enough guys. I don't know if the arma3/dcs people cross over too much, but whatever.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, there is the time thing. and then there is the see through everything laser shooting ai that is STILL not fixed, what, 10 years later?

unless you guys are going to say it is better?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:well, there is the time thing. and then there is the see through everything laser shooting ai that is STILL not fixed, what, 10 years later?

unless you guys are going to say it is better?
The AI still have bs accuracy but it can be reduced in the server settings.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Yep, if you look at Softballs first post, "Right now, I am running the AI on Novice at 0.35 and it seems pretty good."