current ARMA 3 addons, easy to subscribe

ArmA 3 discussion topics, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

current ARMA 3 addons, easy to subscribe

Post by Hammer »

To subscribe to the current list of addons, open ARMA 3 launcher and go to the MODS link in the left menu. The click on Steam Workshop in the menu across the top of the window (just under the MODS tab). Once in Steam Workshop, click the browse pulldown (in the menu at the bottom of the ARMA III graphic) and select collections. Then search for RLG using the search bar to the right. In the results you will see the RLG mod collection, click on it and then subscribe to all at the top of the list.

To set up a preset in ARMA 3 (once the mods are downloaded) ensure you select and load all the mods in the mod list (the missions will not show up there) by selecting the checkbox to the left. There are 11 total you should have loaded. Then select save from the PRESET pulldown at the top right and save it as a name of your choice ('RLG' is probably good here). In the future you can then just select this preset if needed (i.e. you play ARMA 3 otherwise and load different mods).

To play with the mods, just select play with mods in the bottom left or use the pulldown there and select play with preset and use the preset name you saved the mods as above.

I will post here if anything gets added so everyone knows to go through the process to add the content.
Helmut
Hammer

Re: current ARMA 3 addons, easy to subscribe

Post by Hammer »

To find the collection from the Steam app, go to your ARMA 3 page in your library, click the workshop menu item under the ARMA III graphic to go to the workshop. If workshop is not displayed, you may have a ... item that expands to contain workshop or you can make your steam app window wider and workshop will show.

Again, click browse and select collections. Then search for RLG using the search bar to the right. In the results you will see the RLG mod collection, click on it and then subscribe to all at the top of the list.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Here is an actual list of mods for those that might want to locate and subscribe to/download them manually, list broken into two posts:

3den Enhanced, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =623475643
CBA_A3, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =450814997
CUP Terrains - Core, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =583496184
CUP Terrains - CWA, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =853743366
CUP Terrains - Maps, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =583544987
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I added the JSRS sound mod collection to ours. Just go to the collection with one of the above methods and subscribe to all (button).

Update your RLG preset as described in the first post and add the JSRS sound mods, there are 6 total. We will use these starting next Monday, the 19th.
Helmut
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Are these the only mods required for Monday nights or all the ones in that master list from simhq?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 06:14
Are these the only mods required for Monday nights or all the ones in that master list from simhq?
The ones listed by hammer are the mods that were used at RLG.

This is what you need for SimHQ:

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ ... ost3732626
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Panzer - let them know that link is missing a mention of the Vietnam DLC. You'll need that too.
Worth the purchase. It's been fun.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

so on mondays do you both play on simhq server or RLG server?
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

SimHQ
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 05:04
so on mondays do you both play on simhq server or RLG server?
SimHQ only. This is the weekly Military Monday event that is hosted on the SimHQ teamspeak server. I'll see you tomorrow!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

OK. i got all the simhq mods downloaded and installed.

However, some show that there are broken links/dependencies like there are others missing. Do I ignore those? With all these mods I'm surprised Arma even runs. I've never seen so many required before hahaha.

I was able to log into the simhq ts server just fine.

I hope to be on tonight.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 05:40

However, some show that there are broken links/dependencies like there are others missing. Do I ignore those?
Got this from the SimHQ set up instructions:

Now open up the arma3 launcher, click on the little down arrow next to the "SimHQ Retextuers and config edits" mod and click on the "Fix dependencies" button.

It's been a while since I had to do this but I think you need to do "fix dependencies" for each mod that has an error.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

OK thanks. i will do that before joining. One of those mods has like 5 missing dependencies haha. Interested to see how this goes. I saw the "once your dead, you're dead" statement so I may not be on long LOL. I am a natural bullet magnet.