DRO - protect civilian, Mar15, 2021

ArmA 3 discussion topics, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

DRO - protect civilian, Mar15, 2021

Post by Hammer »

We pulled a protect civilian mission tonight. Insertion was by little bird about 1.8 klicks NNE of the VIP. We approached the last ridge line to observe the area and found an enemy VV patrol of 4 heading towards the VIP. We engaged long distance and took them out after a brief firefight. We had good position on this ridgeline overlooking the VIP area, so Banes and Gravyy stayed to overwatch and Hammer and Grifter went to secure the VIP. On approach two civilians came out of a nearby house with guns blazing, Hammer took a couple hits to the body armor but downed them. Grifter found the VIP inside a building. Short after we located the VIP enemy troops came over a hill to the south, Grifter engaged them and both Hammer and Grifter occupied the house with the VIP while Bones and Gravyy engaged them from overwatch. More troops approached from the west as well, and Hammer and Grifter engaged the southerly troops through the windows as they appeared. A long firefight ensued with the VIP remaining safe. Once the enemy presence was eliminated, an enemy Mi-8 came in a paradropped about a platoons worth of VV troops. We decided it was time to evacuate the area and were also advised to do the same by HQ. Hammer called in a little bird CAS and we all moved N to get on the other side of a ridge so we would not take enemy fire. Hammer called for extract and was given a grid about 100m away. We moved towards that grid and had tro wait about 45 seconds for our ride. We made it out with no casualties and mission accomplished!

This session was a lot of fun.
Helmut
Softball

Re: DRO - protect civilian, Mar15, 2021

Post by Softball »

Very cool, good job!
I'm working on getting the Mods DLed (Don't care for mods much, had issues in the past) and will try to join you all next time you play. What night do you guys usually run ArmA3? Also, is there any paid DLC content you guys are running? Just wanna make sure I'm up to speed.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Bones

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no paid DLC involved. we will be playing Mon nights to do something other than DCS, although occasionally we might still do DCS if training needs dictate. i know Gator wanted to join us as well. i will try to remember posting in the mission times forum (new! in the everyone section), especially if we are going to do something different.

i will also work on a dedicated ARMA server as time permits.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If it wasn't for SimHQ Military Monday I'd be joining you guys.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen