New game options for Monday or Tuesday nights

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

New game options for Monday or Tuesday nights

Post by Grifter »

Hi Guys,

I can play on Monday nights and Tuesday nights. Honestly, Tuesdays work a bit better for me right now, but I'm cool with playing on Monday nights too. I'm thinking of flying Elite Dangerous. Would there be any interest?

Other options include
ARMA 3
Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Open to other options. Please feel free to list suggestions on this thread. :-)
Hammer

Re: New game options for Monday or Tuesday nights

Post by Hammer »

fantasy RPG? not sure if anyone other than Grifter or myself are even interested.

are there other multiplayer coop games others play? throw anything out there, you never know what might stick.

IL2 BoX?

the motivation here is that I have kinda lost my mojo for DCS, at least currently.

there is a kickstarter game that i backed many, many months ago called Gunner, Heat, PC! It is supposed to go multiplayer soonish - although that does not help right now, but info it on that page (right click and open in new window).
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I don't have Elite Dangerous or much of anything else that is MP. Except older stuff like SWAT3 and 4 and the original Ghost Recon and expansions.

I can play chess though! That's kinda muliplayer...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I can't do Mondays but I can do Tuesdays. I'd be willing to play Ghost Recon Breakpoint or IL-2 BOS.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I think if we can get a Liberation campaign going that may help with some of the "same old, same old" feelings for DCS. (I can try and set the maps up for us if I know what mission type we each want. Im not sure on the server side what needs to be amended but Im open to doing it for us.) If I know Sunday night who will be on Monday (or Tuesday night for Wednesday) Ill get it all ready.

Im good with the 2 days a week. DCS on 1 and preferably a shooter game of some sort. Ghost Recon Wildlands or Breakpoint, Zero Hour is a good tactical shooter.....

Anyone play any racing games? we could play a season (1 race a week) ....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:45
Anyone play any racing games? we could play a season (1 race a week) ....
Both Jedi and I play F1 2020. We're still in the thick of that game so neither of us have bought 2021 yet.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

[/quote]
Both Jedi and I play F1 2020. We're still in the thick of that game so neither of us have bought 2021 yet.
[/quote]

If you grab 2021 on a sale or 2022 (when it comes out) please let me know. Im always in for a race.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 16:17

If you grab 2021 on a sale or 2022 (when it comes out) please let me know. Im always in for a race.
Will do. Personally I think it's rather absurd that Codemasters releases a new sim on an annual basis but I'm sure that's a stupid requirement forced on them by F1.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

or a desire for recurring revenue.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 08:13
or a desire for recurring revenue.
Yes that’s exactly it but it results in games being released that don’t have enough new content to justify the $60 price.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

So far we have:

IL2 BoX
GR Breakpoint
GR Wildlands
Zero Hour
F1 Racing
Elite Dangerous
ARMA 3
RPG game
Elite Dangerous

Since we're a bit all over the map, should be put it to a poll? Personally, I don't want to play a traditional RPG game, I tend to enjoy those in single player more. Although a strict MMO RPG wouldn't be out of the question like Elder Scrolls or LOTR. I don't have a racing wheel, and so I'm not going to want to play a racing game. Not really my thing. I do like the GR series and Arma 3. The problem with Arma 3 is you have to find the right mission for the size group you're playing with. I have IL2 BoX, but it's not all that realistic in my opinion and would prefer to fly DCS if that's what we're going to do. Although, if these are our options, I'm not so terribly against IL2 either. Elite Dangerous is intriguing to me because I like space sims, haven't played it yet, and I own it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I could be up for ED, IL2 (realism depends upon your goal/desire- it is more about simulating a war/battle vs. simulating a plane ala DCS), ARMA 3. I have Elder Scrolls online and we can play LOTR for free up to a point. I am not sure an RPG is a good fit for those that show on Mon (or Tue).

I do not have any of the other games.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Tuesdays are good for me. My availability usually depends on how my work day goes. Put me down for GR Breakpoint and maybe ESO (Haven't played in a while, but it's a great RPG game). Haven't played Elite Dangerous much, so I'd be behind the learning curve there.

I just signed up for Xbox Gamepass for PC. $10/month and tons of games available to play. Forza 5 is releasing soon, and that would be a hoot in MP with friends. Age of Empires IV is coming soon too. Gator, Veg, Debi and I just started playing B4B on Gamepass. Pretty much just like Left for Dead but a new story and new characters.
Some other games I'll throw out there:
Destiny 2 is F2P
Star Trek Online is F2P.
ESO is F2P.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I know you and I plated Elder Scrolls a bit together Softball - quite a long time ago.

For Elite Dangerous, I think all of us except Panzer would be learning the game.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 18:51

For Elite Dangerous, I think all of us except Panzer would be learning the game.
You make a valid point. I won't sugar-coat it, Elite Dangerous is just as much of a time commitment as DCS is. It's not one of those games that you can just sit down and learn it in a couple of hours and start playing at a competent level so I don't think it would be a good fit for RLG Tuesday gaming sessions.

In addition to GR: Breakpoint and IL-2, I would also be open to playing GR: Wildlands. I would just need to reinstall it.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Another possibility is BMS. Some of us used to fly it and so it wouldn't be much to relearn. Plus you can blow stuff up in Korea in a real dynamic campaign.

Just a thought as I was clearing out my hard drive and found it still installed there.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Or there's team play...redfor V blufor...

That could change things up a bit.

v6,
boNes
Gator

Post by Gator »

RE: Breakpoint --

Pros:
- If you don't own it and don't want to buy it, one can download/play the trial version as long as they're playing with someone who owns it. Unlimited. No risk.

- Pretty decent tactical gameplay.

Cons:
only 4 player coop (i think)
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I wouldn’t mind flying BMS. The problem is that I got rid of my Falcon 4 Allied Force CD a long time ago so I would have to find a used copy somewhere online to buy. It's my understanding that BMS requires that you have the base game or did that change?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you can but it on GOG for pretty cheap (i believe) and maybe even steam. but it is nto allied force, it is the original falcon 4 cd that you need.
Helmut