Recruiting

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Recruiting

Post by Trichome »

Hi Everyone.....

Would it be okay if I made a post on WingmanFinder to see if we can get anymore people to join up? I dont want to step on any toes but I also enjoy flying with you guys and think others may as well. It's the post that Grifter made that got me over to RLG.... and I dont want to be the new guy anymore...lol

I didn't want to post without asking and I can also pre type my message here so it can be verified here before I post it if needed?

Cheers.....

Trichome
Hammer

Re: Recruiting

Post by Hammer »

It would be fine, but get with Grifter to understand the process and if his post is still available you can start with that as a basis.

It is a bonus if you already know and game with those people.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks Hammer.

I was able to locate Grifters original post...

I was thinking something like this?

"RLG is a family friendly North American group that flies DCS BETA version. You can find us at www.rlgaming.com

Currently we are flying Operation Snowfox. We fly modified versions of TTI Syria/Marianas and COOP missions. We looking into potentially using the Dynamic Campaign - Liberation to give us some more options. It's all PVE. We play on PG, Caucuses, Syria, Marianas and NTTR maps. Members may not always be on (other than Wed) but the server is up and running for use. We use TeamSpeak for communication and so you’ll need a working microphone.

We have members on the West coast, East coast, from the middle of the U.S., and Canada. We run missions on Wednesday night, 8:30(ish) - 11PM EST. We're a fairly easy going group. We don't take ourselves too seriously. Even so, we generally try to practice sound tactics and work as a team. We're looking for fellow pilots in their twenties or older. Must be fluent in English. We accept all experience levels. Looking for pilots who are willing to work as part of a team.

We mainly keep the DCS and military aviation conversation going throughout the week on our forums. Nothing fancy. Just a group of people that have a passion for military aviation!

If you’d like to hop on our server to see if we’re a good fit for you, message me and introduce yourself. Or you can introduce yourself at rlgaming.com, and someone there will be in touch with our server information. Hope to hear from you if the above sounds good."
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Some new members would be great. It's never a good thing to stagnate which some other online forum that I know very well has fallen into which I won't mention right now....
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Trichome,

All of that looks fine to me. We've been hoping that some old members might return, but it looks like they won't be back anytime soon. By all means, feel free to post some recruiting ads on WingmanFinder. I appreciate the help!

Grifter
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hi everyone...

Saw we got a reply on the recruiting post on Reddit. Be honest I'm not sure how I should reply to this.

I want to say -

No problem at all. Our missions aren't structured in a rigid way. We just try to help eachother. Sometimes the mission info is on the radio menu and sometimes its not. Just ask (or type to ask) and we'll help out best we can. You're more than welcome to come fly with us. Join up on the site and forums to say Hi!

I cant imagine having to think or go through what this user is but I definitely would like to be inclusive.

Didn't want to reply without input from you guys (I'm the new guy).... cheers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

RLG does discriminate. We would do our best, I'm sure, to type to him. It won't be perfect, but he's more than welcome to join us.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I agree, anyone is welcome as long as and they are a fit. It will probably be difficult but we can try. Most of our comms are verbal over teamspeak, especially for training/teaching and the thick of an engagement. As long as he does not get frustrated. It is already impressive that he even wants to try!
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks for the replies. I replied to him and another person on Reddit.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

This was posted by another user... thoughts? I didn't have the error so I'm not sure what might be the cause.

I asked if they tried other browsers so ill keep you posted once I get that info too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i just tested, worked for me. my guess is that it is the password requirement. another browser should not matter. ask for a screen shot of the error.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Just got this reply. Does that help?... I can ask for a screenshot of any errors too.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no. like i said browser wil not matter.

" ask for a screen shot of the error."
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Tell him to try logging on using Firefox or chrome on his home PC just for the hell of it. Hammer is asking for a screen shot of the actual error, not his message about the error.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Grifter wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 05:59
Tell him to try logging on using Firefox or chrome on his home PC just for the hell of it. Hammer is asking for a screen shot of the actual error, not his message about the error.

I have asked for the screenshot. I just wanted to share the new info I had at the moment incase it was helpful.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Okay - I asked for any particular error messages and this is what I got back - not an error message.... :?

Hammer - is it okay if I try and register a "test" AC to see what happens?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, go ahead and test. you will need to use a different email address.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks. Will do. I"ll keep you posted.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I've had problems before but figured out what was wrong; maybe see if it's the same thing with them.

What the problem was is it would ask me what the RL in RLG stood for, and I was doing one or both of these things:

1) I put in what RLG stood for, when it should only be RL
2) I put what RL stood for, but not in the proper order.

Have him check those things.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey boNes - thats great. I just replied to him. Hopefully that sorts it out.

Thanks!