Free Time.

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Free Time.

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I've been spending as much of my free time (my own personal space time 8) ) on the golf course. Making as much of the membership purchased for me by my wife as a Xmas pressie, as I can. My score has been in the 90s most of the time, and now and then I've been having a bad day and plummeting into the 100s (ouch!). I've always had the potential to reach better scores, but let myself down with lapses of concentration, bad choice of shot and most importantly my own ego when it comes to shot choice or club choice. Bad course management finally can ruin your day too. However, today I decided to manage the course well, and not let my ego tell me what kind of shot to play, nor which club to play it with. The result? I was rewarded with my lowest ever scoring round of golf - a gross 78 (+9). I was striking the ball well, and putting reasonably well too. Still had the odd fluffed chip, and wayward drive, I even missed a 18inch putt on the 5th after a wonderful recovery. But, today was a good day for me. And I walked off the 18th, having parred it even though it's normally a bogey hole for me, with a grin like a Cheshire cat, on my face.
Back out tomorrow again, and Friday & Saturday too.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05