Bumping Into People We All Know

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Bumping Into People We All Know

Post by KODIAK »

So, we'd just completed the weekend's hockey (Darren and the team came second overall, losing 2-0 to Team ProJoy in the final - that makes them the 2nd best team in Great Britain - and they were worth every second of screamin stompin shoutin support. It was a great game! They could so easily have won it too, one of those games.) 8) 8)
Anyway, we'd stopped on the M40 motorway @ Warwick Service Station for a KFC and Burger King. Checked out a couple of old vehicles in the carpark on trailers - an old Austin & an old Bugatti racing car. Then we proceeded out of the carpark, and needed to cross a junction to reach the slip road back onto the motorway. I checked my right, and just began to pull out, when I caught a glimpse of a big car racing across my front headed for the petrol station forecourt. I slam on the anchors and bop the horn, as if to say, slow down you fool as he flies past. The gent in the driver's seat waves to acknowledge his fault, and continues on hurriedly to the pumps. As the vehicle moves past I catch the plate: 1 CSM
The vehicle: a new Bentley, colour dark blue
His direction of travel: south in general direction of London area.
The silhouette: very reminiscent of a golfer I recognise.
There's no way that was Colin Montgomery, right? Erm, actually yes there is. Infact, if you take note of that damn plate, it seems quite possible.
So, I decide I'm not going to chase him into the forecourt to get his autograph - the guy probably just doesn't want that kind of attention, he would be on the way south from the tournament they just played in Gleneagles, Scotland if it was him. And secondly, do you think I'm going to run in there and make a fool of myself? What if it's NOT him - no waty, forget it! Exactly, so drive on! But, I get curious and decide to keep the car down to a reasonable pace - he'll no doubt overtake me down the road here somewhere. If it's him, we'll ID him no probs. Well, some 6 mins or so later, down the road comes the Bentley. Check car, check number plate, check driver - yep! It's him alright. So, my claim to fame is that I gave Monty hell, for driving too fast, and he (like any decent bloke would) ack'd his error of judgment by sticking his hand up to apologise. Quality!! :lol: :wink:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05