Fun with cred cards

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Fun with cred cards

Post by VEGETA »

Well now that I am in the US I did expect some little complications with cred card and banking things, but I figured with the cred card I could get ahead of the issues. Tuesday I called my cred card companey up and told them I am in the US so expect Us based purchusess to happen. Also so I could make online purchusess using the card in the US they allowed me to tack on a secondary US address onto the card. so any mail goes to perment address in Canada and I just call in whenever I move to a diffrent client site and update the US address. Easy enough right. Next I even inform them that I well be buying a laptop on the card through costco.com the next day (wed).

So I order up my new sweet toy of a laptop so I can have a pc down here that can come with me to whatever client site I move to with ease. Costco.com was easy enough to deal with and all that.

Today, I get a e mail saying cancled order WTF is going on I think. There e mail dose not state why the order was cancled, just that it was. So call costco.com up to see what happaned, hell for all I know I screwed up the address or they did not like me using someone elses costco card. Nope cred card was declined WTF. I know there is way more then enough cash to get the laptop so whats going on.

Call up visa, they put me through about 3 times as many security questions as they did 2 days ago, which sets off alarm bells that somthing is wrong. Finealy they don't even wait for me to ask about the costco order, they ask me about it. Costco tryed 2 times for the order and both bounced. Aparentlay visa thought it was suspisous that I was ordering from the US like this and blocked it. Wait a sec, dident I actulay go to the point of even telling them 2 days ago I would be making the order. So they say no issues and well not block the re order this time.

So even if you go out of your way, give a US address, and tell them you are actulay making a order they well still block it on you just to anoy you basiclay. Thinking I should have never said anything about the order and just changed the address and then it would have problay never been a issue. O well figured you guys would find this little story amusing, though I bet some of you have some fun card stories as well.

P.S. the laptop has been re ordered, so hopfuly soon I well be getting soem games installed and have some fun.