Star Trek XI

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Star Trek XI

Post by Falker »

Star Trek XI is the working title of the planned eleventh entry.

Jay Leno was talking about this last night and it was the first I’ve heard of it. I wonder who will be in it.

More Info @ Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_XI
We're in the pipe , five by five.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

here is some info I just found:

Trek's Abrams Eyes Damon?

The Insider, the syndicated gossip TV series, reported a rumor that Matt Damon is being eyed to play a young Capt. James T. Kirk in J.J. Abrams' proposed 11th Star Trek movie.

Citing an anonymous source, the show reported that Abrams (Mission: Impossible III) is so interested in Damon (The Bourne Identity) that he's sought support from the original Kirk, William Shatner. "Shatner gave his blessing," the source reportedly told the show. "J.J. got his approval."

Rumors are circulating that Abrams' Trek movie will be a prequel to the original series, centering on Kirk and Spock's early days at Starfleet. "J.J. wants Damon as Capt. Kirk," the source said. "He really loves the idea."

For their part, Abrams and his Trek producing partner Bryan Burk (who is also an executive producer on Abram's hit ABC series Lost) have declined to comment on speculation about the movie's storyline, saying only that any reports about its narrative have been released prematurely.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

In other words, other than Abrams' involvement, it's 100% speculation.
The Jedi Master
Falker

Post by Falker »

No it’s for real this time. There was lots of speculation for a few years , but now according to Wikipedia, Paramount Pictures announced that the movie will be produced by J. J. Abrams . The release date is expected to be in 2008. Most likey summer 2008 , or later depending on how quick they get it togather. It’s in the early develment so the the cast and crew is speculation. There have been rumors that Matt Damon will be playing Capt Kirk.

But yeah , they just need to put it all together and come up a story line along with hiring on the cast and crew. I’ll be looking forward to it and also any other information about how the movie is coming along in the months to come.

We're in the pipe , five by five.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Uh, that's what I meant. Story is speculation, casting is speculation, timeline is speculation. Only Abrams and its existence are not.
The Jedi Master