Who goes there!

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

Who goes there!

Post by Tach Deneva »

Who!

"US screenings confirmed for September.

"The SCI FI Channel and BBC Worldwide Americas have confirmed that Doctor Who will return to SCI FI in September 2006.

"The run will kick off with a two-hour premiere package that will include David Tennant's debut, The Christmas Invasion.

"Chris Regina, Vice President of Programming, SCI FI Channel, said "Our audience has clearly embraced 'Doctor Who' and it has delivered a significant increase in viewers in the time period. We are looking forward to keeping the momentum going with David Tennant as the new Doctor."

"Executive Producer and Lead Writer Russell T Davies says, "We were delighted by the first season's success in the US, and can promise new thrills, new laughs, new heartbreak, and some terrifying new aliens in Season Two."

"The first season of the new Doctor Who proved a huge success for the SCI FI Channel.

'We'll let you know the exact premiere date just as soon as it's announced."

Woot!

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

this the origional or the new one. Never seen the new one, as it was not shown on normal cable in canada eh.
Falker

Post by Falker »

It’s the latest Dr Who on the Sci-Fi channel that came out just this year I believe. I never really got into it that much because it seemed kind of corny. I did watch it a few times tho , it’s kind of bizarre and not very realistic.

At the moment im thanking god and heaven that Stargate SG.1 and Atlantis came back.
I’m so lost without them. :P

Eh? Do they really say eh or ay up in Canada that much. Just wondering. :roll:
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Falker

Post by Falker »

I’ve been keeping track of EUReKA on the SciFi channel lately. The show evolves around a Sheriff in a small town loaded with brilliant braineact scientists. It’s like your normal every day neighborhood , but with impressive classified activities going on in the backdrop.

I think once the cast and crew get warmed up , ( and feeling comfortable playing their rolls ) , the series will look a little more believable. This show could do well if they lure the audience into perceiving science fiction yet keep some things a mystery. And what about Section 5.. ? A mystery with high techno bliss.

The Sheriff reminds me of House. I guess that’s another reason I’ve been watching it.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Eh? Do they really say eh or ay up in Canada that much. Just wondering.
Erm, yes! They really do. Thing is, even the canadians realise that. And quite often it's a s much a joke with them.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

But then again, most people have the misconception that all Canadians speak with the typical "Strange Brew" accent. I know for a fact that Canadians from Vancouver and Alberta and Saskatchewan have a VERY different accent from those who live in Ontario.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker

Post by Falker »

Here’s one we could probably find some common ground on TD. I started watching this on the SCI-FI channel over a month ago and finally saw the end of it this last week. What a weird series !!

The talking ant eater keep me interested as he pulled this guy off the road , than , when they got back to the Kingdom Hospital , I saw the guy from Less Than Zero doing some brain surgery on a patient. It just kept getting more bizarre after that. I liked it tho , and I almost saw the conclusion of it except I fell asleep on the last 20 minutes when they were trying to set the bell girl free. now im trying to get the dang melody out of my head after watching it all day. :)

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8N744lZD0c
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Æ’alkerr wrote:Kingdom Hospital
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdo ... evision%29

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

never could get into that show
Falker

Post by Falker »

try this TD..

http://abc.go.com/primetime/kingdomhospital/

it's the 2004 version , you'll need to watch it from the begining in order to understand whats going on.

I started watching it a few months ago and didn't get into it either , but l8r on ... i saw it showing again on the SCI-FI channel and was watching it again , because there was nothing else to watch. Then I picked up on the storyline and wanted to see what would happen next.

Towards the end , I saw that even Stephen King was writing a few of the episodes. Actually he was writing them all along , i just wasn't paying attention. :wink:

Psssst , ... dont tell no one but I think Steel likes Stephen King too.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Where is Dr Who ?

Aliens are attacking the earth and Dr Who Is … Where? Cant be that guy sick in bed is it ?