Portal upgrade complete

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if anyone can test a file, it would be great - any file...it can be removed later (as long as it is not over 50MB). i tweaked some settings and Gator was still unable to upload, but i was able to upload the same file.
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

Honestly maybe it's just me but I think the smilies are too big. Most other forums you go to wont have such big smilies looking back at you , and you’ll also find a better selection of them. Also to have the forum admin names in red could be interpreted to some as the red police out on patrol , which is also something you wouldn’t see in other forums. It could put you aside from the rest of us as in not being one of us , but someone who has more authority here and shows it.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i guess that is how some folks look at it. sounds like you have an issue with authority figures. :)

i would be interested to see how others feel too. i don't really care one way or another.

i think the smilies are the same as everywhere else? i don't have time to do a comparison of such a nitpicky thing, although i might have time to just put the smilies from the stock board in...
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

The smileys here are considerably bigger than those on the other forums I frequent, but that's okay with me. As for the Red Names - over on the COH forums, Red Names = Game Devs. Maybe a nice salmon pink?

:mrgreen:

Woa that's a huge smiley!

Say, does RLG have a color scheme? Ah, it's mostly green. How about green for admin names? More of a friendly 'Go!' than the evil red 'Stop!'

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

but i like E-V-I-L... :D
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:but i like E-V-I-L... :D
Because good is dumb?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I have a problem with authority. I am evil, good is dumb. Big smilies are the least of my worries. Admin names in red...don't care...make them purple, green, gray, blue, meh w/e.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:I have a problem with authority.
I hope you get along with your school Principal. :wink:
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Educators don't make good administrators. Let's just say I have a neutral relationship with him and I want to keep it that way
Gator

Post by Gator »

Steel,
I just tried to upload a 400KB file and it says it was too big also. Not sure what's going on, so I just upoaded it to my site and linked it into the appropriate forums.

FWIW, I tried to upload it by browsing my local PC and then I ftp'd it to my site and tried to upload it by giving the URL. Neither way works for me.

-B
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

can you try uploading something into the video category? does not matter what right now - just as a test.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K - see how you like the new smilies. some newer, military themed larger smilies and then some standard, animated and smaller regular smilies. you might have to click on the "View more Emoticons" link to see them all at once.

PDT_Armataz_01_42
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

Aye , I don't really care either. I just thought I would bring it up as being unusual. Heck someone has to tell you , it might as well be me. PDT_Armataz_01_06

lol , love the new smilies man PDT_Armataz_01_13

<S>
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i aim to please - within reason. :wink:

:cheers:
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K - i had a couple of ideas, and i think the file upload is working now.

Gator,
can you try again as soon as you get a chance? do not worry about using the video categories...

or anyone else...
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

OK. I successfully uploaded the file. Whatever you changed, worked.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice - thx!
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

FYI on the calendar option that we were discussing in the other thread, you can set it so that the calendar shows up at the top of the forum page and you can set it to display a set number of lines that way we can see what games are upcoming, etc.

If you hover your mouse over the calendar item, it shows the event data (start time, etc) and then you can click on it go directly to the thread.

I like it.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

It's definitely looking a helluva lot nicer here . . . . .
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

Hey Kodiak, good to see you back. They finally let you out of prison? j/k

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG