Portal upgrade complete

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Portal upgrade complete

Post by Hammer »

well, we now have a full blown portal...

you can click on the portal icon above right and go to the portal page - that will soon become the home page for RLGaming. i have a bit of work to do yet though...nothing really there.[align=justify]
Last edited by Hammer on 06 Apr 2009, 20:38, edited 4 times in total.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Woah! At first, I had to take a double look and see if I had the correct web page. I was like ummmmmm, ooOOOOoo niiiiice.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Holy Bat! Shitman
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

very nice indeed. I like the new layout.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Gator

Post by Gator »

so how do we add items to the calendar? you know, the one that expands up at the top? Or is that just an admin thingy.
-b
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have to get everything set up... i will be working on it here and there, and will post inn this thread as things become available for use.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

*snort* Fancy Shmancy Portal...feh!
Falker

Post by Falker »

Trying to read the date and time the posts were posted is , ah hem .. :?:

Example: <23UTCSundayUTC2006-10-01T17:36:23+00:0031 10pm10UTC=

Also whats up the the Forum Admin getting their names in bright red?

Just stating the obvious. . :wink:

Well it looks more modern anyway

Now we need to add a few more smilies to the list ,... crunch a few numbers , dot a few " i's" There's also a circuitous path of real timewinding through the temporal field. Perhaps re-open the portal could pinpoint the source of the phenomenon to a precise window. Specifically the interim journey between the two gates.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

check your profile for how time/date is displayed...

admins get their name in red.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

k - i have disabled post attachments, i don't really see the need.

download (and correspondingly uploads for registered members) is set up with three categories. anyone want to volunteer to upload appropriate files in the categories? i am going to be anal about it and ask that you do it in as complete a manner as possible (so we have a decent site with useful info), so if you are not up for that please do not volunteer (it will just take longer). of course some things can be fixed afterwards... i need:

OFP: the WOF put together WGL download and the 1.96 patch - <volunteer>
GRAW: the map files we are currently using - <volunteer>
BF2: the project reality mini mod - Steel

if the files are large they will take a while and you will have to leave your PC on and running until it completes. i want to totally replace files.rlgaming.com with this portal's download section, so more requests to come.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

I can take care of the GRAW stuff ... There's about 6 new maps, but I know there are at least two that are not fun/interesting. It causes trouble if the host has many maps that aren't being used, so I'll try to ferret out the good ones and put them into a single archive for uploading.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

cool. any change you can change the one map archive from ace to rar or zip before you upload it?

i found you can not upload very large files... i tried a 922 MB file and it did not take. i do not know what the cutoff is. so those will still have to be ftp'ed to the files.rlgaming.com site and then an http or ftp link used for the location of the file (if you don't know yet, you will see it when you attempt an upload).
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K - the file size limit for using the upload script (aka. upload button in the download section) is at 50MB. It was much lower, but I just changed it. For larger files we will use the ftp server to upload and then link to the files in the upload settings for the particular file.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Don't we already have the OFP mod(s) uploaded somewhere? Why do we need to Upload it again? *confused*

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

"i want to totally replace files.rlgaming.com with this portal's download section, so more requests to come."

this portal's download section is to be the interface to get to the files to download them. also, if you follow the discussion i am having with myself :), larger files put into the download section (via the upload buttton!) will still just be links to those files at the files.rlgaming.com site and ftp will still be needed to upload to that location. the portal's donwload section is just more user friendly...and descriptive.

EDIT: see example for OFP I just did...
Last edited by Hammer on 04 Oct 2006, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

OFF TOPIC (SLIGHTLY) Steel with all this extra time you seem to have, I hope that we can revive the F4 campaign..I'm not sure where we left off.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually i have no extra time... :(

i just got a new, very needy client in the consulting business...am trying to keep up with work after having fallen a week behind, and am still limited in activities as i tire easily (pain wears on you, and healing takes energy).
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

I just tried to upload a 1996KB file and it told me it was too big ... please advise.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Okie dokie Steel, if you could remind me where we left off, I'll see what I can do in the coming weeks. Probably not much, but I'll try. Hope you feel better. I know what you mean about the pain.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

mission 2... :)

Gator,
at what point did you get the error message?
Helmut