Remove Boresight BEFORE Test Firing

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

Remove Boresight BEFORE Test Firing

Post by Buffalo Six »

REMEMBER TO REMOVE BORE SIGHT BEFORE TEST FIRING THE FIREARM!

This guy was lucky he didnt eat the bolt, although it took a good sized chunk from his shoulder as it went by........

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok um I have heard of this happaning but never seen pic's. tho ?? what is a bore sight for. Assuming it goes in the barrel but thats all I know lol.

also I am betting the RSO (Range Safty Officer) well be giving out speaches from now on about taking the bore sight out
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

its a laser that aligns with the bore and projects a dot at 25-50 yards (depending on how your doing your sight in) and you adjust your scope to zero on the dot. So if it was me, I would be zero'd at 25 yards and that would be 1" high at 100 yards.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Crap where was that toy when I was doing my markminship 12/13 years ago lol.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, we had a Challenger I tank during training in Canada, do a similar thing when the previous round got jammed in the barrel, unbeknown to the crew. banana splits, man!
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Um Canada has never used the Challenger tanks man. thats a British design that the USA ALMOST bought before deciding to build there M1 tank.

Canada uses the leopard 2 which replaced its leopard 1 tanks lol.

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm

Um and um I would love to see a tank barrel do that as I would figure it would just blow apart and probably kill the crew.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Kodiak was with the UK Army in Canada. He didn't say a Canadian Challenger tank ... ;)
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

O

Well either way would love to see pic's of that event. I just see a 120MM shot blowing back into the gun as well, and well that could be a bad day for the crew. but either way, sick lol
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yeah, you Canucks are still colonials so you get to have Challenger tanks running about and stuff. LOL. PDT_Armataz_01_12
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen