Anyone remember me?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Remember me?

Poll ended at 11 Mar 2007, 13:21

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Yes, but I choose not to bring back those memories.
33%

Total votes: 3

zontobi

Anyone remember me?

Post by zontobi »

Hi everyone!
I don't know if any of you remember me. I used to be in ELH back when the Star League was still active.

Anyone remember me?

How are all of you. I'm surprised to see some of you still active!
What's up!?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - of course i do... :)
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Where you around when Us Stiner guys came over to ELH to make up the 151. (I think its was 151). I vagley remember your nick but may have been back when ELH was a mech unit for Steiner
zontobi

Post by zontobi »

I believe that was the unit I was in. I remember your name Vegeta.
Do people still play Mechwarrior around here?
Falker

Post by Falker »

ã
We're in the pipe , five by five.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Um well its making a SMALL comeback. I and some others starting to play it again a bit. check out the mechwarrior 4 section, I have a thread going aobut getitng people playing again
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I remember. Heya Zon!

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
zontobi

Post by zontobi »

Sweet!Lets get playing again! I just gotta figure out my connection problems first.

Hey Falker!!! woot!!!
Yea, Im teaching in Nagano prefecture. Suwa city. For a while I was in Nagoya. I'm visiting my family in California now. When I get back, maybe we can hook up and play some mw4 or something.

Is slamhammer on tour now?
Where's lizzrd!?

Z
PS. Wife says hello.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hey Zon, i havnt seen lizzrd anywhere. Bronurstomp moved to the east coast. havnt heard from mincemeat and featherhorse in a long time.. we hit a stint of playing quite a few months ago. Warcry came to bash some heads but i think he is playing world of warcraft lol.

and yea zon i remember you :D hell i remember fighting you and liz in SL hehe. oh the good ol days ( cries in beer...)
Falker

Post by Falker »

Aye , I hope Kasumi is doing well too. Your daughter Akira had her 4th birthday a few weeks ago? They grow up fast huh, just ask BH, he’ll tell ya. He’s probably got his going to junior high right about now. Whew.. That was fast. :wink:

Well I’m bored so…..

I found this on the net while looking for what Zoni means. I actually just made it up because it’s seems simpler to say Zoni rather than Zontobi. Or who knows what I was thing at the time. It sure wasn’t mixed soup.

The word zoni is written as two characters: zo means "this and that," and ni means "boiled." So zoni literally means "various ingredients boiled together." Each region has its own recipe, but in every case, the ingredients have high nutritional content and are easy to digest.

Zoni soup contains ingredients like chicken, fish and vegetable, plus mochi (rice cake). Zoni is sure to be eaten during New Year festivities in Japan. This culinary tradition apparently began around the mid-1400s, when mochi offered to the gods and Buddha on New Year's Eve (Omisoka, now December 31), was eaten in a soup with other ingredients on the morning of New Year's Day (Gantan, now January 1). The tradition is an important part of life in Japan.

Also the seasoning and ingredients differ by region; so interestingly, if you know what kind of zoni someone ate as a child, you can generally figure out what part of Japan they are from. The New Year is an important time for the family to get together and wish each other health and good fortune during the coming year. So it is not surprising that each region, indeed each family, is quite particular about what ingredients are used to make the New Year soup, zoni.

Then I went back and did a search for Zontobi and came up with this. It’s amazing how old this old thread is , and it's still on Google.

phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=36851

Also,

Antorie Zontobi, a person who craved books of all sorts

Sounds about right. :D

And
phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=44343
I’m surprised Zonobi didn’t get any Book Publishers calling him up on this one to offer $$ and write a novel about it.

Okay I’m done being bored. Woot!! Thanks for the posts bro. It's good to see you again.
zontobi

Post by zontobi »

Ha! I spelled dew wrong.
I was a terrible writer! My god!

I found all kinds of stuff on google too! old vacation blogs, concert pics ...im getting old.

Children grow too fast. They need to cut that out. Hopefully we'll have a son soon. Goddammitiwannasonsofrigginbad!

Anyway! Falker, are you playing mw4 still? Is it true you need a satic ip address to play on all those new patches that are out?

Isn't there a patch that a makes the voices in the game Japanese? I'd like to hear that. heh.

When I get back home, I want to try to play it again. We'll see.
RATMX

Post by RATMX »

Hi all still around still playing different games didnt realize that this was still working kinda cool been a long time. at least 5 yrs lately been playing Xbox Live Battlefield 2 and Moto GP 06. and when not working or playing building motorcycles; lots more fun that running into burning buildings. so thats all for now. hope that everyone is well.

RATMX
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

RATMIX!

good to hear from you man, ive thought of you off and on and was woundering how you were doing :)

its been good to see some old faces showing up.

now we just need the Oki boys ( mince and feather) to do a drop by. and maybe the ol general himself Bron... :P

and maybe victorK too if he still checks in lol.

BTW anyone hear or know what happened to maverick?
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Well, it seems a bunch of protical sons have returned...Hey all...it been a age or to..I am sorry I have not dipped in hear more often since I back from Iraq I have been putting most of my energy and getting my life back on track...

Slamhammer
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OMG! you included. look at the folks coming out of the woodwork... :D
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hey slammer! good to hear from you man..

speaking of workwork steel. maybe we need to make a termite squad for these guys PDT_Armataz_01_28
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

hmmm...

RLGT

RLGaming Termites... ;)
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

Hey Rat Baby!! Sup Slam , I’m so glad you guys came by.

Slam I think you need to update your email here, you too Ratmx. Anyway have a look around and stop by the Mess Hall for a cup of joe. BlackHawk put on a hot pot last night. I just ate the cookies that were left out.

Well gents, it’s starting to pick up this year, finally some good games are in the works and some that have already been released. Now you guys will probably need to update your computers like the rest of us , but hey what else is there to do huh.

Hey Slam , ever think about commanding a unit again? You were like the best guy on coms telling everyone what to do. You’re a natural man. Well I’ll keep an eye out for Quake Wars, it’s over due.

My nephew came up from San Diego last few weeks. He’s in the Navy training to be a rescue swimmer. Well , he’s about done training now and expects to be shipped out to KAWIT by September. He said he’s going to be flown across the border by chopper over to Iraq to pull off rescues missions here and there , when needed.

So were going to Party all summer long before he ships out. Lots of BBQ’s , poker parties, and dart throwing. Oh yeah , he said he wants to be a fireman living by the beach when he gets back. Sounds cool.
Last edited by Falker on 26 Feb 2007, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Oh Ratmx ? , maybe you can give Steel a few pointers about how to put his motorcycle back together again. He wrecked it about 2 months ago. Haven’t heard anything since. He’s probably got it sitting in his garage with a tarp thrown over it. PDT_Armataz_01_15
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have been riding the old bike pending fixing the new bike. there are no hard things to do other than allocate time...
Helmut