Indiana Jones "4" News

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Indiana Jones "4" News

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Interesting stuff:

Lucas OK With Indy 4's Ford

Indiana Jones 4 producer George Lucas told USA Today that he doesn't have a problem with 64-year-old Harrison Ford reprising the role of the action hero.

"He's not running in any of the movies," Lucas told the newspaper. "He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he'll play his age in this movie with what's appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film: It's not that he's running that fast, it's that there's a giant ball coming at him. And he will get beat up, which is a tradition for us."

Lucas, who also is in preproduction on a "bare-bones, action-heavy" Star Wars live-action TV series, said there'll still be plenty of action in Indy 4, the official title of which he hopes to keep under wraps until the first trailer hits theaters around Thanksgiving.

Sean Connery has yet to sign on as Indiana's father, Dr. Henry Jones, but Lucas said: "We're still trying."

And it wasn't his idea to cast Cate Blanchett as Ford's new leading lady. "That's who my director wanted, and I always bow to the wishes of my director," Lucas said of Steven Spielberg. "I approved it, because she seemed like a good idea. When I met her at the Academy Awards, I told her, 'Hey, you work for me now!'"
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen