coms check...( is this thingy on)

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slamhammer

coms check...( is this thingy on)

Post by Slamhammer »

Hey folks, just checking in. I have been dealing with some real life stuff but that seems to have slowed down a bit. I have been reading some of the more recent post and that has rekindeled that old spark...so I am going to try to vist more often and maybe get more involved. I like the ideal of reloadeding mechy again and maybe doing a little coop or maybe just maybe finding a league or somthing to get the crew back togather kinda miss that ...over the last 2 years or so. I will need some help reloading all that is needed to get mechy up and running...I also have BF2, BF2147, to play both will need to updated but hell...I just fell the need to reconect with old commards and such..I will try to be on coms thur evening. I would like to just catch up with some of old friends and some new news I have seen untill then take care.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Roger FLAGSHIP....read you 6x6.......

Hey Slammy.....good to hear from ya again....missed ya buddy
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hey slammey WB

Ok as for games
the big ones being played are

ArmA (Us version comming out in days) think the origional ghost recond with the ability to drive tanks and such
IL2 1946 WW2 fighter game, its cheep and fun
Bunch of us play City Of heroes/Villans(buff, Hondo, Tach, myself and soem newer people)
few of us are now playing some other stragity games, specificlay supreme commander and C&C3 tho its only 3 of us on those 2 games.

As for mechwarrior, I have my cd's from Canada and have a new joystick. Hondo and Myself have done a few games a few months ago, there is a new server to connect to for games as microsofts zone thing is gone. but we can help you out there. Cricket still plays it a lot as well, and I know steel has shown interest in mechwarrior as well
Ok thats the lowdown on current games, hope this helps you out. Big ones to look at are ArmA and il2

great to have you back man
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hey slammer! good to see ya man.

not much mechy on my end. still playing guildwars here.
probably will be getting the expansion ( its an actual expansion and not an expansion/standalone like before.) around the holidays this year. and then will be keeping a close eye on GW2 comeing out in 08. recently ive been playing in alliance battles. thats an interesting twist i always promised myself i would do and now after playing the game for 23 months tada i find myself there lol. its alot funner then i thought it would be.

If i get my ducks in a row, i may get mechy installed again, just not sure when. after all this time im still stunned there is no mention of creating another release with updated gameplay and graphics engine. im still hopefull that might happen, maybe MS playing one of those dorky waiting games? who knows look what they did to halo 2.

maybe i might get BF2 again, i seem to have lost my book with the cd key in it. i have everything else. the co-op sounds kinda fun.
Falker

Post by Falker »

I finally found my merc mechy. I’ll try to install it and then you guys are in trouble. But Wait! lemme install it first and I’ll update this post. <S> .. give me a few days. :wink:
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Falker

Post by Falker »

UPDATE:

Installed Mech Warrior Merc:

Installed Patch:

Loaded game:

Acquired server list:

Dropped in game , shot a few mechs

Okay I saw about 12 servers running there. It says im running the current version ( 50.06.09.3002.) there is a newer version ? what version do your guys play? o.O
Falker

Post by Falker »

should i install the MekPak 3.0.2b (English) ?
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i still got to find my disks and all that :( might not be long though, guildwars is getting a bit boring. not sure im impressed with hardmode or not. the "good drop rate" while in hardmode dosnt seem all that good... so maybe some mechy might cure that... so yea, what falker said. what version you guys running hehe.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i would recommend installing netmech IV...

go watch this video:

http://www.mechstorm.net/modules/news/

Netmech IV here:

http://www.mechstorm.net/projectdocs/ne ... etmech.htm
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Welcome back Slam... ;)
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

There is also a file you want so mech works online. Microsoft has removed zonemech, but someone has filled there showers, but you need to re direct mechwarrior to there location. I can't remember where to get the file to, can someone help there
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

again, use netmech iv. i am pretty sure they worked around all of that.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

if we are playing the game online, what tag are we going to use? the ELH, or RLG or ??

just curious, an official ELH might take offense since we all have been out of the saddle for quite some time.

im reinstalling mech right now. i hope that fixes my problem, i didnt see the reg file online anywhere.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not sure what tag to use...???

maybe it is time for that discussion again, including WOF? I know at least one person has been running with the RLG tag instead of WOF...
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

Thanks Steel for keeping tabs. I’d say RLG would be the best bet for a server. K.. I’ll look into the above link this next week and see if it’s not too complicated to go with. I’m looking for a quick drop with an EZ game that we all can get in on. Sound about right? I might have to install MW twice to check out any other patches because I’m happy with the way it’s working out right now. ( except lack of servers on the Zone.) I’ll be back L8r this week with the results of what I think works out best.

~>Salutes

RLG-ELH-Falker
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i think RLG too, after all that is the forums we all hang on. and this game will include more then the ELH,WOF crowd? it would be a good basic starting point. i also am putting RLGaming.com in my unit thingy.. why not advertise? :P who knows might be able to find some more flyboys for you wings of fury guys hehe.

i did get my copy up and running. lucky for me, i burned backups of my mercs disks... back in the day when i was all anal about that sort of thing... so i did fresh install, then used the netmech IV patcher. it DOES include a no-cd patch so we all know that for sure. the only thing that confuses me is what version to play lol. we got the 4 different mechy dates. then we got the MP thing at the bottom. and im sure all the maps needed are not installed ( even though i did copy all my map files from when we were playing before) next step for me, is to get my old percision pro beat into shape again, i can use it now, 4 out of 8 buttons work ;) tried playing with my logitech stick, its just not sensitive enough.... feels like im churning butter or something trying to get the cross hairs where i need me lol.

will get on coms soon and see if anyone is meching it, and if so, where and how.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

netmech iv will not interfere with any other intall, it uses its own launcher, etc.
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

ELH till I die

(yes this is mine....painted for the KC slug fest in'04)
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

looks nice buff!
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Computer went south...what do I need software wise to get Mechy running ....ie maps, and all of the other down loads needed to play...